Chapter Eight

Ethan's POV

Soaking wet and still trying to clean all the whipped cream off myself, Winter and I decide to head back home for the day. We walk around the side of Mark's house and return to sidewalk as everyone else goes inside.

"Thanks for throwing me in the pool, you dick!" She laughs as she nudges me. I laugh back.

"Thanks for covering me in whipped cream, you fuck!" We both laugh for a moment before she begins to take off her shirt. "Woah, at least wait until we're home!" I exclaim.

"Oh, shut up! I have a shirt under this!" She rolls her eyes as I smile. Soon, the has removed her sweatshirt to reveal her black tank top under it and now is ringing the fabric out in front of her. "Dammit, this was my favorite sweater too." She mutters.

"Oh," I blush some. "Sorry." She just shrugs.

"It's okay, it'll dry eventually." She smiles over at me. Soon we're back at my house and I unlock the front door.

"You can shower first." I offer.

"You sure?" She replies.

"Yeah, just leave you wet clothes outside the door and I'll put them in the dryer." I smile.

"Fine, but this better not be an excuse for you to look at my underwear!" She yells as she runs up the stairs.

"I promise it isn't!" I yell back.

Winter's POV

I enter Ethan's room and head immediately to his bathroom. None of his other bathrooms are completely ready for use, so this is the only option at the moment. I strip of my wet clothes that are now clinging to my skin and wrap my undergarments in my sweater before setting them on a towel outside the bathroom door and retrieving another towel for my use. Closing and locking the door, I quickly figure out how to use his shower and turn it on. Within a minute, the water is warmed up and I step in.

As I let the water cascade over my body, I think about how the day went. I also try not to think about the way that Ethan's wet shirt stuck to his torso. And I fail. Smiling at the thought, I shake my head before beginning to sing a song that's been stuck in my head since I woke up.

"Monday we fall in love and then Tuesday she wishes I was dead. Wednesday break up, Thursday break the bar, over and over again. Friday she hits on all my friends, Saturday we're making out again. Sunday I'll ask her to marry me. Seven days of her just makes me weak." Then another song comes to mind.

"You'll never make me leave, I wear this on my sleeve. You wanna follow something? Give me a better cause to leave! Just give me what I need, just give me what I need. Give me a reason to believe. So give me all your poison and give me all your pills, and give me all your hopeless hearts and make me ill. You're running after something that you'll never kill. If this is what you want than fire at will!" I finish and take a deep breath. Then all of a sudden there's a knock at the door.

"Hey Winter, we're out of milk. I'm gonna run down to Walgreens to get some, okay?" I hear Ethan call through the door.

"Yeah," I reply before I hear his footsteps leaving the room. After a few minutes more of just standing there and thinking, I wash off, shave my legs and wash my hair. Turning the water off, I step out of the shower and dry off. I reach for where my clothes would be and then realize... "Oh shit." I mutter. I don't have any clothes in here with me. Sighing, I drop my towel in the hamper in there and grab the handle of the door. Ethan's not here so I walk out and half way across the room-

"Hey, Winter! I'm ba-" Ethan. Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit! The door opens and I'm left standing there completely naked and Ethan is as red a tomato. Then he backs out and slams the door. As quick as possible, I grab some clothes out of my suitcase then rush to bathroom and put them on. For a moment, I sit on the side of the tub and bury my head in my hands. I can't believe he saw me naked. Oh shit. This is bad.

Ethan's POV

I slam the door shut, my face burning and my heart pounding. Oh. My. Gosh. She was naked. Like, literally wearing nothing. What the hell! I should have knocked! I can't help but to keep picturing her, it's not my fault. It's just like when you see something gross and you want to forget it, but you can't. I put my hands over my eyes and scream internally.

After about five minutes, I knock lightly on the door and call,

"Winter, c-can I come in?" I muster.

"Yeah," She calls back weakly. I open the door and see her sitting on the bed in basketball shorts and a baggy sweatshirt. She keeps her head down, her cheeks flushed redder than mine.

"I'm, uh," I stammer. "I'm sorry." We both blush a deeper red, which I didn't even think was possible. Without a warning, Winter grabs my face and presses her lips against mine.

__________
A/N

Haha! Cliff hanger! I'm sorry if this seemed a bit rushed, but I'm glad I got this chapter up for you guys. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you come back for more! See ya!

-Taryn :)