Chapter Thirty-Eight

Ethan's POV - The day after Expo2

Winter and I lay on my bed, groaning out of laziness and eating ice cream like it's nobody's business. Literally, in between spoonfuls of ice cream, we're just groaning dramatically. No words. Just 'UUUUGGHHHHH' every ten seconds.

"Winter, what are we doing?" I finally ask with a laugh.

"UUUUUHHHHHH, I don't know. Honestly." Winter laughs back, shoveling some more ice cream into her mouth. I do the same and we're silent for a while.

"We should go out some place. I haven't taken you on a proper date yet." I suggest, a light blush on my cheeks. Winter pauses, chewing her ice cream slowly as she thinks.

"I'd like that." She replies with a smile. I smile back and take her hand.

"We should probably stop eating ice cream or else we won't eat dinner." I grin as I take the ice cream from her hand and head to the door to take it back to the kitchen.

"Ethan Mark Nestor-Darling, you bastard!" Winter screams. I cringe at the fact that she knew the screw up on my birth certificate and was now using it.

(A/N- If you didn't know, Ethan's full name is Ethan Mark Nestor-Darling, but the Darling part was actually not supposed to be there on his birth certificate. It was a typo.)

"Don't fucking call me that!" I yell back half heartedly. I hear her laugh as slide the ice cream back in the fridge and check the time on my phone. It's only noon. I head upstairs to see Winter laying upside down on my bed, her head off the side and a wide smile on her face. At this point, I'm not even phase. She just does these things. "It's only two, so I'm thinking be ready by 5:30 and we'll go to dinner?" I suggest.

"That sounds really nice, Ethan." She giggles, looking lovingly into my eyes... Upside down.

"Winter, I cannot take you seriously like this." I begin to laugh. She soon joins in before sliding off the bed to sit on the floor, her hair a total mess.

"So, I'm gonna raid my suitcase and see if I even brought any nice clothes." Winter giggles.

"And I will try to locate the tux I wore to PAX." I joke about the fan fiction I read with G.

"Shut up, Ethan." She rolls her eyes with a laugh.

Winter's POV

Ethan leaves the house to go to Mark's since we have like five hours. I, on the other hand, begin to dig through my bags to see if I even own any nice clothes.

Once I've pulled all of my clothes out of my duffle bag with no luck, I proceed to throw everything from my suitcase to try as see if I brought anything nice. Lots of jeans, band shirts, old shirts, Mark's old shirts, shorts. I think I'm screwed.

Just as I'm about to give up hope, in the very bottom of my suitcase is my favorite dress. I thank The Lord that I remembered to bring it and give a sigh of relief.

I grab my makeup and proceed to lock myself in the bathroom and do my makeup. I go for a more natural look this time instead, focusing on precision and making every little detail perfect. I do a soft pink lipstick that matches my natural color, bringing my full lips out a little more.

I stare at myself in the mirror for a while, trying to decide what to do with my hair. After not getting a single idea, I check my phone for the time and it turns out I spent a full two hours on my makeup. I take a sharp breath in before trying to relax myself. I put on the only song I know for a fact will make me relax and even laugh.

You're Gay by Sebastian Castro
(Seriously, listen to it. It's so funny. http://youtu.be/xn3zSe3p1vo )

I smile as the song comes on and after a few moments, I get an idea on what to do with my hair. I put the song on repeat and begin to loosely braid the hair on the left side of my head. I put a small pin at the bottom to hold it in place and then gather all my hair to one side, twisting it into a bun and pinning it there, the braid wrapping around it. That took me half an hour.

I finally take the time to admire my handiwork before carefully slipping on my dress. And buttoning it down the front. I finish it off with the black bow belt that goes around my waist and then slip on some socks and my black heeled lace-up shoes. Lastly, I slip on my gold lotus bracelet. I give a soft smile down at the accessory.

With one last look in the mirror, I take a selfie and post it with the caption, "Ethan's finally taking me on a real date!" I giggle a I post it then walk out of the bathroom. It was already five. Ethan wasn't in the room, but his clothes from earlier were discarded in the hamper. I walk down the stairs, my phone in hand and a soft smile on my lips. When I make it down there, I'm greeted by Mark with a camera and filming me.

"Mark, what the hell are you doing?" I ask with a laugh.

"You'll see. Shush and walk." He gestures towards the door. I sigh and reach for the handle, opening the door to see Ethan standing by his car with a wide smile, pink cheeks and a single white rise in hand. I gasp, my hand coming to my mouth as I see this. His tux looked amazing on him. He looked amazing in general. I almost started crying.

"Hey, Winter." Ethan grins at me. I walk down the sidewalk and over to him where I throw my arms around his neck and pull him into a hug. He hugs back, a soft laugh leaving him as he does so. Soon I pull away, unable to even speak. The small gesture was so romantic and so perfect. I can't explain it. He holds out the rose for me to take and I do, holding it gingerly with a smile.

"Ethan, oh my gosh." Is all I can say, my words quiet and aerated. It takes me a full minute to be able to even speak properly. "This is perfect. Thank you so much." I whisper, a grin now permanently pulling at my lips. I was smiling so much it hurt.

"Anything for you." He gently kisses my forehead and then opens the passenger door for me to get in. Of course I do, totally forgetting about Mark filming. That didn't matter. All that matters is that Ethan is here with me.

__________
A/N

Woo! Date night next! Had to leave you with a cliff hanger. Sorry fam lol.

-Taryn »w«