Chapter Thirty-Six

Ethan's POV

Winter lay asleep in my arms, her brown hair strung across her face some and her lips parted slightly. She was beautiful. She's always beautiful. There's still another week until the second expo. I'm just hoping that Winter can make it that long. Every single day things seem to be getting worse and worse for her, but I'm going to stay by her side no matter what. I promised her that and I never go back on a promise.

By the time I wake up the next morning, Winter is no longer in my arms, but she is finishing getting dressed. Right as I open my eyes, she pulls her shirt down over her body with a sigh. "Winteeeeer," I whine tiredly. She chuckles lightly and looks over at me, her brown hair straightened and falling behind her shoulders now. "Come back to bed." I pout.

"Ethan, I have to shoot a video today. I can't." Winter protests as she walks over to the side of the bed. I huff and grab her arm, pulling her into bed with me and embracing her.

"Today, darling, the world will just have to wait. Come back to bed." I murmur, my face pressed against her back with a small smile. I feel her body shake with a small giggle, a soft sigh leaves her.

"I wish I could, but I promise ill give you all the cuddles tonight." With a groan of dismay, I release the brunette from my grasp and she stands again, sorting her hair out. "I won't be gone too long, I'm just doing a makeup tutorial. It should only take a few hours, but add a couple more for editing. It's only," She checks the time on her phone, "10:30, so I'll be back around four-ish." And with that, she was gone.

I sigh and roll over in bed to get my phone. Once I retrieve it, I see a text from a very concerned Mark.

Mark: Is she alright? I'm super worried. She's like a little sister to both Jack and I. Let me know when you wake up.

I smile softly at how cute their sibling-like relationship is before responding.

Me: Winter is doing surprisingly well. She just went to do a video and she'll be busy with that for a few hours if you wanted to drop by and crash her video.

I chuckle as I send this, almost immediately getting a response.

Mark: That would be awesome. Is it a game that I can tap into?

Me: No, it's just a makeup tutorial. xp

Mark: Well hey! Maybe she and I can do a video where she does drag makeup on me!

Me: XD That'd be fantastic!

Mark: I'll see you in a couple of hours then!

Me: See ya, Mark!

As I'm slowly sitting up in bed, I take a look around my room. Winter's things are still mostly in order except for the sporadic clothing item. I notice a bag full of dirty clothes and quickly realize that we both need to do laundry and soon.

I walk into the bathroom, taking a shower to clear my head and process what has happened the last few days. As I'm doing so, I try to think of every possible thing that Winter and I could do together. Of course we could always co-op a game or something, but I want to take her out and treat her. She deserves it after all the shit she's been through.

After a while, I step out of the shower and dry off, leaving my hair messy instead of trying to sort it out. I get dressed in a black and white striped t-shirt and white sweatpants because I don't think I'm going anywhere today. I better not bother Winter, so I'll stay up here until she comes back.

Though I am pretty hungry...

__________
A/N-

Sorry for it being so short. School started a week ago so I'm struggling to keep up with all the writing. I'm doing my best though.

-Taryn •-•