Chapter Sixteen- Valentine's Day Special

A/N- Please listen to Giants Sleeping by Koji while reading this to set the mood. :) Happy V-Day.
-Taryn❤
__________________________
Ethan's POV

Winter and I agreed to go out tonight. It's not anything super fancy or special per-say, but it'll be fun. Just the two of us. I adjust the collar on my short sleeved grey button up and fix my hair in the mirror.

"Ready when you are!" Winter calls from down the stairs. I smile at her voice and slide down the banister with a shout. She only laughs and throws my black zip up hoodie at me. "Let's just go." She pushes me out the door as locks it behind her. Tonight she's wearing a nice mint green crop top that just covers the waistband of her black skirt. She has some black thigh highs on and as she walks I can see the white bows that are sewn to the top of them.

I smile and envy her sparkling white Converse that she bleached this morning. I can still smell the chemicals, but it mixes with the scent of her vanilla perfume to create a strangely pleasing aroma. She wears a few details of jewelry, but the one that I admire the most is the trinity of small Green Day wristbands that suits her left wrist in a desperate attempt to still look a little punk despite her preppy outfit. (Her look on the side.😊)

Her hair is in a low bun that both looks like it took hours and minutes, close attention to detail and little care. It's perfectly styled with a few meticulously places strands that hang around her face with her long bangs and fringe curled nicely. Winter's makeup compliments her naturally green eyes, the light purples causing then to look brighter than ever. Her eyelashes are huge, but I can tell they're real and she wears a nice amount of eyeliner.

Surprised I know so much about makeup? Don't be. Once the guys did my make up, I got tips from girls on products and things for weeks after. I know all the terms. But eyelash curlers still look like medieval torture devices to me.

"You look great!" I comment with a chuckle.

"You too, really stepping it up, I see." She teases with a giggle.

"I did pretty good, huh?" I smirk smugly at her. All I did was wear some actually nice black jeans, a grey button up and white Converse. Winter rolls her eyes and links her arm with mine as we walk down the sidewalk towards town. She has a bit more of a pep in her step than I do, making it a bit difficult to keep up.

"You're so slow," Winter whines. "Seriously, pick up the pace!" She demands as she begins to skip. I laugh and do the same and before I know it, we're at my spot under the old pier.

We duck under the boards and when I walk in, there's candles lit and standing on every surface and even buried in the sand. My usual things are there, but next to them is some nonalcoholic apple cider, two wine glasses and a bowl full of Kit Kats. I know the last part isn't as romantic, but Kit Kats are my favorite.

"Did you plan this?" I ask with a smile. She nods sheepishly and smiles back. "I love it!" I laugh as I pick her up and spin her around. She always knew just what to do.

After about an hour of drinking what was basically apple juice and eating candy, Winter stands and stretches. The sun has already set and the only light is from the candles and the full moon. She's silhouetted against the sea as she pulls her shoes, shirt, skirt and stockings off. With a whoop and a laugh she runs into the water. I can't believe this.

We only met a week ago and I swear... I think I'm in love with her. She's more beautiful than anyone else on earth and I'm so glad that I know her. I stand and strip down to my underwear as well and follow suit, just enjoying her company and not even thinking about the consequences.

Happy Valentines Day my love.

❤💛💚💙💜