Chapter XVIII

Trials & Tribulations

October 2015

Saturday Morning

Jacob

"STOP IGNORING ME DAMMIT!" I said, following her.

"STILL IGNORING YOU BOO!" She said with an attitude. I sighed heavily, running my fingers through my hair. I thought after talking everything out and getting back together would make things better, but I guess not. Hell, we've only gotten worse.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING NOW!" I asked her as I watched her grab her things.

"OUT!" She spat before storming out.

"YOU JUST GOT BACK!" I yelled.

"AND?" She shouted.

"FINE! I'M NOT CHASING AFTER YOU ANYMORE!" I yelled. I heard the front door slammed and I rolled my eyes. I hit the wall in frustration. I walked over to the bed and plopped down on it. I rubbed my face with my hands, blowing air.

I miss Robyn so much. I haven't talked to her since she blew me off. I tried calling her but she would just reject me. Maybe if I stop by, she would atlases give me a chance. I got up from the bed and made my way out of the house. I got into my jeep and started the ignition, pulling out of the driveway. I thought of what to say when I get there and I had nothing. I blew air in frustration, feeling at a lost. Minutes later, I pulled up to her house, seeing her car in the driveway. I pulled out my phone and dialed her number, putting it to my ear.

"Hey! You know what to do!" I sighed, hanging up. I got out and closed the door behind me. I stuffed my hands into my jean pockets as I made my way over to the doorstep. I bit my lip while holding my hand up, not sure if to knock or not. I finally grew the balls and knocked twice. I closed my eyes for a hot second and opened them when I heard a click. It opened wider, revealing Robyn in a pair of grey boy shorts and a black fitted tee. Her skin glowed every time. Her hair was up in a huge ball, sitting on top of her head.

"Uh! Hell no." She scoffed, closing the door again. I stuck my foot out, stopping the door from closing.

"Move your foot Jacob, before I make it into a souvenir." She threatened to chop it off with the door.

"Then you'll have something to remember me by." I said through the crack.

"Then you can keep your damn foot. Now move it!" She said, trying to push it close. I held it back from closing with one hand, knowing she was weak compared to me. She sighed, growing tired.

"Give up?" I asked her.

"Ugh! What do you want from me?" She asked in frustration.

"For you to talk to me." I said.

"Why? You have your girlfriend! Go talk to her." She said in anger. I thought it was cute.

"She's not available at the moment." I said, not wanting to tell her about the argument we just had.

"The hell you mean by that?" She snapped. I chuckled at how angry she was.

"Can you just open the door please?" I begged.

"No. Now leave." She said. I sighed, throwing my hands up in surrender.

"Okay. I'm leaving." I said, stepping away. I hopped on the pathway and begin to walk away. She opened the door all the way and I ran towards her. She gasped and quickly closed the door until I caught it. I got through and closed it behind me.

"UGH! REALLY?" She yelled, punching me. I laughed, holding my hands up in defense.

"YOU PLAY TOO MUCH!" She yelled, continuing to punch me in the chest.