Xscape

Keep Fighting

Jacob

My eyes fluttered open seeing a light beaming brightly. I groaned, trying to figure out where I was. It was silent the entire time as I tired to move my head.

"Ugh! Am I dead?" I asked aloud as if someone would answer me.

"No crazy." I heard someone say. I managed to move my head, seeing Alisa standing there. I smiled brightly, feeling good inside.

"Hey." I softly greeted. She moved closer to me, rubbing my hand.

"Hi love." She greeted back with a smile.

Craig

The door opened again and I glanced up to see who it was. She stared at me, not saying anything. It felt like I haven't seen her in decades. She looked even more beautiful than before. I just wanted to run over and take her down. Love her like I want to...like I'm suppose to. I know that I have to make things right and I can no longer take the distance. I watched her walk over to Maria. She sat next to her and began to conversate with her...glancing at me a couple of times. I hung my head low, not wanting to look at her anymore.

"Guess who's up?" Someone said happily. I looked up, seeing Alisa smiling, pushing Jacob. Everyone stood up, greeting him.

"Oh my god! Jacob are you okay? What happened?" Maria asked him.

"Guys give him room." Alisa ordered. We backed up a little, letting him breathed.

"Hey guys." He greeted.

"Jacob! Oh my god! Are you okay?" Danny asked as she sat on his lap.

"Um!" He began. Alisa snatched her up, gently pushing her aside.

"Don't even try it." Alisa stated to her. Danny sighed, walking away from us.

"How you feeling man?" I asked him, giving him dap.

"Yeah." He said softly.

"Mr. Perez. You can go home now. You are perfectly fine...just need to clean up those scratches and keep an ice pack on that eye. Take these for the pain, you'll be sore for a couple of days." The nurse instructed. Alisa took the medication, putting it in her bag. I helped him out of the chair, putting his arm around my shoulder. We made our way out of the emergency room, into the parking lot.

"We'll stop by later on today." I told him as he got into the car.

"Alright man. Thanks." He said to me. Alisa started the car, backing out of the driveway. I watched them drive away then turned back everyone else. Charmaine was talking to Maria, Ray and Chres were talking and Danny was leaving. I walked over to Charmaine. She looked towards me, not saying anything.

"Excuse me. Maria can I talk to Char for a minute?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I'll talk to you later Char." She said to her before walking away. She then turned to me as I slipped my hands into my pockets.

"What?" She asked softly.

"I want to apologize for my actions. I shouldn't have acted that way towards you and I promise that it'll never happen again." I said. She gave me a weak smile, hesitating to respond.

"I miss you Charmaine. I do and I need you. I don't want to lose you." I added. She stepped closer to me, caressing my cheek. My arms held onto her waist tightly as I pressed my forehead against hers.

"I love you." I whispered. She gave me a look of surprise.

"I-I love you too Craig." She said.

Rayan