Xscape

New Beginnings

A Week Later

Later That Morning | 10:12 A.M.

Avian

I stretched, slowly opening my eyes. The sun lit up the room nicely. I looked over, not seeing Chresanto next to me. I did smell waffles though. I got up, walking over to the bathroom. I turned the light on, looking into the mirror. I ran my fingers through my hair, until I spotted something on my finger. It shined brightly as I looked at it up closely. I smiled, looking at the diamond ring that was hugging my finger. I turned towards the door, but Chres stood there. He stared at me.

"Chres I-" I began.

"It's a promise ring." He interrupted. I smiled weakly while admiring the ring.

"It's beautiful." I told him. He stepped closer, looking down at me. He smiled, leaning towards me. His lips met mine, giving a cool chill. I kissed back, easing our way out of the bathroom. He slowly pulled away, giving me a look of worry...the same look he gave me last week.

"What?" I asked in a concerning tone. He stared into my eyes as if he was trying to find an answer.

"Chres?" I called.

"Nothing. Um, I'll be back." He stated while heading towards the door. I began to say something, but he disappeared.

That Evening | 8:27 P.M.

Craig

I laid in bed, looking up at the ceiling. I rubbed my hand up and down Char's arm, comforting her as she slept peacefully. She hasn't been feeling good. She's coughing a lot and having chest pains. The cold weather of course. Suddenly my phone went off. I grabbed it, glancing at the ID. I didn't recognize it, but I answered anyway.

"Hello?" I stated.

"Hey." She greeted in a weak tone.

"Hey. Everything okay?" I asked. She sniffed multiple times and I knew the answer.

"I need you." She cried. I sighed then answered.

"Alright. I'll be over in a minute." I said.

"Okay." She stated. I hung up then glanced at Char. I eased my way out without waking her. She moved a little, gripping onto the pillow. I put my jeans on then slipped on my shoes. I pulled my jacket on then placed my phone into my pocket. I took my keys then kissed Char before leaving. I got into the car, quickly starting it. I pulled out of the driveway, soon taking off.

Jhona

I placed the last batch in the freezer then cleaned up. It was quitting time for me. The door opened, Chris walking with a smile on her face.

"What?" I asked with a chuckle.

"I think I'm in love." She said with a cheeky grin while resting her elbows on the counter. I chuckled again, continuing to clean the utensils.

"You said that last time." I said plainly.

"Yeah until I found out that he was almost thirty and still lived with his mother." She stated, making me laugh.

"Well who's it this time?" I asked her.

"Now see that's the fun part, I'm not telling you who he is." She answered.

"And why not?" I asked.

"Because you miss, like to discriminate. And I'm not with that." She explained. I scoffed before laughing.

"I do not discriminate people. I treat everyone equal." I said proudly.

"You never treated my last boyfriend equally. You literally hated the guy." She said.