Xscape

Keep Fighting

A Week Later | Saturday, September 20th

Jacob

"Jake." She greeted happily. I walked in, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey mom." I greeted, pulling her into a hug.

"It's about time you came to see me. Haven't seen you since the cookout." She stated, going into the kitchen. I followed behind, chuckling at her statement.

"Yeah. I'm sorry, I've been busy lately." I told her. She studied my face, raising her eyebrow.

"What happened to you?" She said, touching my scar. Dammit! I moved away, touching my face.

"Nothing." I lied. She placed her hands on her hips, sighing aloud. She didn't like being lied to.

"Jacob Emanuel Perez. Don't lie to me." She sternly stated. I sighed leaning against the counter.

"I....got into a fight a week ago." I stated. She gasped.

"¡oh Dios mío! ¿Qué demonios estás haciendo la lucha contra Jacob? ¿Has perdido el juicio? Usted ha Podrías haber conseguido matado!"

"No I haven't lost my mind ma. They came onto me." I stated.

"THEY JUMPED YOU?" She asked with rage.

"Ma calm down. I'm fine okay." I said walking over to her. She sighed as I pulled her into a hug.

"I just don't want you hurt. That's a mother's worst fear. I can't lose you." She said to me. I smiled, looking down at her. I kissed her forehead before responding.

"I'll be fine." I stated. It was quiet for a minute until I spoke up again.

"I actually came here to give you some news." I began.

"The guys that jumped you were arrested?" She questioned. I gave her straight face as she looked at me. She laughed, shaking her head.

"No....you're going to be a grandmother." I said, looking down. She stopped, looking at me. A smiled formed across her face.

"AHH!" She screamed happily. I laughed as she hugged me tightly.

"Oh my goodness. Alisa is pregnant." She stated. I frowned. Here comes the hard part.

"No." I replied.

"Then who? You didn't cheat did you? Jacob Perez!" She began.

Mom listen." I laughed.

"I'm not laughing boy." She snapped.

"You remember Charlie? The woman that was stalking me." I asked. Her mouth fell open.

"Wait before you even say anything. I was drunk that night and she said that I came onto her. So it wasn't on purpose." I stated.

"Either way. You got her pregnant." She said. I sighed.

"I know, but she isn't going to be released. So I'll be taking care of the baby." I responded.

"When is she due?" She asked.

"This month." I replied.

"You're just finding this out?" She asked. I nodded.

"So this whole time she's been pregnant and they haven't told you anything?" She questioned.

"Mom calm down." I stated.

"I am calm and just pissed. We don't know the gender and now we have to go shopping immediately. That baby could be here any moment." She ranted on. I shook my head at her.