Xscape

Keep Fighting

Early That Morning | 10:00 A.M.

Jacob

I held onto Alisa's hand as we watched my mother go crazy, looking at the items. We were shopping for the baby but didn't know what to get.

"We need to go for mutual colors. You know...green, white of course. Oh maybe purple." She said with excitement. Alisa giggled at her.

"We can go for green." I said with a grin. My mother kissed her teeth, playfully pushing me. Chres and Avian were here as well to help. Alisa and Avian went with my mother into the clothing section as me and Chres searched for the cribs.

"So how does it feel?" He asked me.

"How does what feel?" I questioned.

"You know. You're about to be a dad. How does that feel knowing you have a kid on the way. As a matter a fact you may have two on the way." He said. I sighed, shaking my head.

"I don't know man. It feels weird and to be honest.mi don't think that Baby is mine that Danny is carrying. I believe it's Marion's." I said.

"Me too. She's crazy." He said.

"At least you didn't date her." I said. He chuckled.

"Its crazy. She was such an amazing person. We were friends for a long time. Now, she's like a whole different person. I don't even recognize her anymore." I explained.

"It gets that way sometimes. Just like Trey. He never betrayed me like he did. Never in his life, but now. I don't know what to say about him." He said.

"But I see that you Ava are getting along just fine." I stated.

"Yeah. I love her man. I do and I can't lose her. She's all I got besides you guys." He replied. I placed my hand on his shoulder, giving him a reassuring smile. It'll get better I always say.

We found a nice, huge baby bed. My mother loved it. It was made out of Mahogany wood...dark. Spaced out nicely from the picture on the box. My mother and the girls showed up with buggies full of clothes, diapers, bottles, milk formula and toys. Chresanto began to laugh aloud as I stood there, starring at them. Alisa kissed my cheek as the went over to the check out.

"Oh my god." I said as Chres continued to laugh. I paid for everything and we got everything into the car. Chresanto had his truck. Ava bought it for him. I had to force my mother in the car, because she wanted to go back and buy more.

"Aw! I remember when I went shopping for you. It was so much stuff I-" She began.

"Okay ma. Get in the car now." I sung aloud. I got in as well, starting the ignition. I pulled out of the parking lot with Chres and Ava behind us. My mother went through everything that was purchased.

Once we got to the house, Ray and Craig were here, along with Char and Maria. The guys helped me upstairs to put the crib into the room.

"Okay now this room needs to be fixed up nicely. Just need a little paint and stickers and stars and-"

"Mom." I called out. She looked at me, realizing that she was getting carried away.

"Well, we can go get the paint. What colors?" Char asked.

"Since we don't know the sex. We'll stick with the mutual colors." I said.

"How about green, white and purple." Maria suggested.

"Perfect." My mother squealed. They laughed before leaving.

"Since we are going to paint this room, we can't put this together." Ray stated.