Xscape

Shattered

That Morning | 8:39 A.M.

Jhona

"I love you baby." He whispered into my ear. Suddenly feeling a sharp pain in my stomach. I gasped in shock as he smiled evilly at me. I looked down, seeing my own blood soak into my white blouse... I looked into his eyes, realizing that it was Chresanto, staring down at me. I cried aloud, falling out of bed.

"Jhona!" He called, walking towards me.

"Stay away from me." I cried, getting weaker and weaker.

"Jhona wake up!" He said, still approaching me. I breathed heavily, getting dizzy.

"JHONA!" I jumped up in Chresanto's arms.

"I got you." He said to me. I squeezed onto him tightly, not letting go.

"I'm sorry." I cried to him in fear. He pulled away, pushing the loose strands of hair away from my face.

"I won't let anyone hurt you okay." He told me. I smile weakly, nodding my head. He kissed my forehead then got up. I watched him get dressed, now realizing that he had no shirt on. I but my lip in frustration, admiring his sculpture. It was beautiful.

"You like?" He asked, grabbing my attention.

"Um! Sorry." I said shyly. He chuckled then replied.

"It's okay." He stated while putting his shoes on. I got out of bed, following him out of the room. I walked him to the door, opening it for him.

"Thank you." I said sweetly.

"I'll call you later to check on you." He stated. Without warning, I hugged him tightly. He was surprised but he hugged back.

"I don't know what I would do without you." I whispered in his ear. He pulled away, looking into my eyes. We were inches away and I was anxious.... But I didn't want to rush things. Plus, he has a girlfriend.

"Talk to you later." I interrupted the moment. He came from his thoughts, giving me a warm smile before speaking.

"Okay." He said, walking out of the door. I waved goodbye then closed the door. I bit my lip, smiling a little.

"Damn." I whispered.

Alisa

I walked down the quiet hallway, heading out. Today was the day that Jay have surgery. I was nervous, but maybe it will make progress. The nurse came in and woke me up, telling me that I had to leave. I have to go to work today anyway. Jamar has new projects to do. Of course I don't want to, not without Jacob, but I have no choice. I walked to my car, getting inside. I started it, pulling out of the empty parking lot. I slipped my seatbelt on while driving off.

.....

I walked into the lobby, being greeted by everyone. They kept asking me how was Jacob doing and all I could tell them was; "He's in surgery now." I wanted to break down every time, but I remembered what I told myself last night. I had to stay strong for my love.

"Alisa. It's good to see you." Jamar greeted, approaching me. I gave him a weak smile in reply.

"How are you this morning?" He asked me.

"I'm making it." I told him.

"I understand. I just wanted to say that I appreciate you coming in on such short notice, but we had a couple of male models come in this morning and they wanted you to be with them on this project." He explained.