Xscape

All I Ever Need

The Next Morning | 8:40 A.M.

Robyn

My eyes fluttered open, realizing that I was on the couch...on top of Jacob...with his arms wrapped around my torso. I don't know how we ended up this way though. I smiled at how peaceful he slept. I began to think about last night. I felt bad for him, he's so head over heels for this woman and she doesn't even see it. If I were her, I would cherish this guy. He seems like a hard working man that make mistakes but don't we all? The doorbell rung, catching my attention. Jacob moved around but didn't wake up. I slid out of his grip, tip toeing out of the living room. I opened the door, seeing Courtney standing there with a huge smile on her face....as usual.

"Morning sunshine!" She greeted happily.

"Sh!" I said, looking back towards the living room.

"Oh! Sorry. Am I interrupting?" She asked while walking in.

"Uh! No! But-" I began until Jacob walked out. He stopped in his foot steps, looking at me then Courtney.

"Uh! Courtney this is my friend Jacob. Jacob this Courtney." I quickly introduced.

"Oh yeah! You're the one from the hospital. I knew something was up. You know Robyn told me how she-" She started until I interrupted.

"Okay! Courtney to the kitchen." I turned towards Jacob, giving him a small smile.

"So are you gonna be okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He sighed. I nodded before replying.

"I guess I'll talk to you later then?" I said to him. He smiled, chuckling a little.

"Yeah. I'll see you later." He said before kissing my cheek.

"Nice meeting you." Courtney waved as he headed out. I locked the door behind him as she began her cooing.

"I knew it! I knew it!" She squealed.

"You knew what?" I asked, heading into the kitchen.

" I knew that you two were going to become friends." She said, putting two of her fingers together.

"Well, yes! We're friends and nothing but friends, so don't get your hopes up about anything." I stated, opening the fridge.

"But he's so cute, plus he's a famous model. I would've took him in a heartbeat if I were you." She said.

"Well sadly he has a girlfriend." I began, placing the bottle of orange juice on the island table.

"Who doesn't even care about him anymore." I mumbled. She remained silent, wanting me to explain. I sighed.

"She's completely ignoring him and doesn't want to be around him anymore." I began.

"So why is she still hanging around him then?" She asked me.

"I don't know. I guess she's confused." I shrugged.

"But little does she know that he's about to go insane because he's that much in love with her." I said.

"And I'm guessing that you're there to comfort him?" She asked with her eyebrow raised.

"I'm like his personal diary." I said a little disappointed.

"And from the looks of it, I think that you want to be a little bit more than just his diary." She smirked. I let out a nervous chuckle, shaking my head.

"You're crazy." I told her.

"Come on Robyn. We've been friends since second grade, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't know you." She chuckled.