Xscape

Keep Fighting

Sunday, September 28th | 9:45 P.M.

Craig

"Hey babe. Turn the tv on." Char stated while walking into the living room. I grabbed the remote and switched it on.

"Why?" I asked her.

"I heard that an accident happened on highway 75." She replied to me. I saw the news on...camera on the accident. It was extremely bad.

"Damn." I stated in shock.

"News report that an accident happened on highway 75. A woman was hit by a drunk driver. Witness said that she was crossing the intersection after the light had turned green when the driver collided into her..after, another car crashed into the other side." The reporter explained. Charmaine sighed aloud while I shook my head.

"I hope that she's okay." Char stated.

"The driver was leaving The Red Barren, on his way home, extremely drunk. He was driving 95 miles per hour when he crashed into the victim's car." He continued.

"He's such an idiot." Charmaine stated.

"Twenty-three year old Ginger Womack was pronounced dead at 9:00 P.M." The reporter finished. The remote fell from my hands as her name rung aloud in my ears.

"Oh my god." I heard Charmaine whisper. She held her hands up to her mouth, yet I haven't moved a muscle. I heard commotion outside, coming closer to the house. I couldn't believe what I just heard. It felt as if my heart had stopped.

"CRAIG!" Someone yelled aloud as they came into the living room. I still didn't moved. Charmaine began to break down while Jacob came into view.

"Craig say something man." He demanded. He gave me a slap to the face, but I still haven't moved.

"Aw shit man. He's out of it!" Ray said aloud.

"Craig baby say something." Charmaine cried as she held me into her arms. I felt my entire body numb as the memories began to run through my mind. When I first met...she was there...listening to my problems. She was always there for me...everyone loved her. She was my bestfriend and now she's gone. I sat up and everyone looked at me while backing up. I stood up to my feet, letting the tears fall from my glossy eyes.

"Craig sweetheart." Charmaine called softly while standing up. I grabbed the glass vase that was sitting on the small table next to the sofa.

"NO!" I yelled as I threw it towards the tv.

"SHIT!" Ray yelled aloud as they all ducked. I grabbed the small table and threw it across the room.

"CRAIG STOP IT!" Charmaine yelled. I flipped the table, breaking the glass into a million of pieces. My closes friend is gone and I can't do anything about it. She's been killed and I can't bring her back. I let my tears continue to fall from my eyes as ran a riot. Next thing you know, I was tackled to the ground by Jacob and Chres. I tried to get away but they held me down tightly.

"Charmaine come here." Chresanto stated. She came over to me. I winced in pain, looking down at my hand. It was bleeding from a fresh cut.

"Craig." She said in surprise as she pulled me towards her. I laid my head into her lap as she rocked back and forth. I began to break down and cry. She's gone. She's gone for good. I heard a phone go off, but I continued to weep. I can't believe she's gone.

Jacob

"Hello?" I answered.

"Mr. Perez, this is Mrs. Henderson. Charlie is in labor. You need to get here now." She demanded.