Chapter VIII

Wreckage

August 2014

Jacob

"Jakey? Danny called for me. I looked over my shoulder, seeing her from the corner of my eye. I chuckled as I watched her eating a carton of blueberry ice cream.

"What's up fatty?" I eyed her the entire time as she made her way around the bed. She sat on my lap, licking her lips.

"Want some?" She asked me.

"No thanks babe." I declined. I glanced at her small baby bump. I couldn't believe that I was going to be a dad. When she told me, I was in shock, yet happy as hell.

"What are you thinking about babe?" She asked, taking me out of my thoughts.

"We're going to be a family." I said softly, looking in to her eyes. She blushed, her cheeks rising high as they turned a light pink.

"Isn't it amazing?" She whispered. I nodded with a smile. She dug into her ice cream, eyeing it down as if she was about to kill it.

"Are you sure you don't want any?" She asked me. I glanced at the spoonful of ice cream.

"What the hell." I shrugged as she giggled aloud. She fed me the Blueberry sensation and smiled.

"Mm." I moaned, licking my lips.

"Silly." She giggled. She rose from my lap, walking out of the room. I bit my bottom lip as I thought about everything that has happened the past couple of months. It's been tough and one hell of a ride, but we're okay. Yeah we lost someone, but she doesn't want us to live in pain. Me and Danny have our problems and believe me...it does get ugly. But I love her dearly and now that we're about to become parents in the next eight months...it made me realize how precious life is.

I grabbed my keys and shades as I slipped my phone into my pocket. I walked out of the room, heading down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I have to go do something really quick. I'll be back." I stated before pecking her lips.

"Okay. Be careful." She said.

Rayan

The guilt has been eating me alive. Ever since it happened, I've been A-wall. I can't look into Maria's eyes....her smiling at me. I can't talk to Jacob...one of my best friends. Knowing that I had sex with his girlfriend. I can't sleep. Every time she asks me what's wrong, I just tell her nothing. Another lie added to the rest of them. If I could take it back, I would in a heartbeat....but what's done is done. I sat up, slipping on my shoes. Snatching my keys from the nightstand, I headed downstairs.

"Where are you going Ray?" She asked quietly. I said nothing...I just walked out. I hate that I'm ignoring her, she's done nothing wrong, but I can't stand to look into her eyes and see myself fucking up. I got into the car,me tarting the ignition. Backing out of the driveway, I drove away...going to the only place where I know I'm always welcomed. The one person I can talk to. I got a text from Danny, telling me that she'll be by later to talk. I was nervous as hell, didn't even bother to text her back. I really had know reason too.

....

I knocked twice and waited. I held onto my head, sighing aloud. I was afraid to come here, but I knew that she wouldn't judge me...sure she'd be disappointed, but who wouldn't be? Even I am. I'm not happy about any of this and I can't say that this was a mistake, because I knew what I was doing. The door opened and she smiled before greeting me.

"Hey babe." She greeted.

"Hey ma." I said before stepping inside. She closed the door behind me and I went straight into the living room. We sat down and she smiled.