Chapter XV

Phase Two

March 2015

Thursday | 3:00 P.M.

Alisa

"You're so big for two months. Oh my goodness." Maria said while placing her ear to Char's stomach. She was sitting Indian style on the floor while watching Maria lay across the floor, listening to the inside of her belly.

"You know you aren't going to really hear anything. I'm only two months." Char chuckled.

"You look about five months." Maria said.

"Alisa you okay love?" Char asked me. I picked my head up from my phone.

"Yeah! You've been quiet ever since last night." Maria said, getting up. She helped Char up as well.

"I'm fine." I lied. Quickly trying to exit out of my messages.

"It's that phone. I bet you're texting Austin." Maria said happily, reaching for my phone. I pushed her away as Charmaine ordered to attack. Maria tackled me, trying to take the phone from me. Charmaine held my other arm as Maria pried the phone out of my hand.

"UGH! I hate you guys." I groaned while sitting up. Char laughed before joining Maria. They scanned through my messages. Char gasped as it began to grow quiet.

"Are you serious?" Maria asked me.

"It didn't happen." I began.

"That's not what this picture is saying." She said to me.

"I didn't kiss him Maria. I hardly know him." I said angrily.

"She's right Maria." Char stated, looking into my eyes. Char was actually the only person who could tell when someone was lying. She had that kind of power over people.

"Has he seen this?" Maria asked. I shrugged my shoulders, suddenly hearing my phone go off.

"It's Austin." She stated, quickly handing me the phone. I stared at them unsure what to do.

"Answer it!" They spat at me.

"What the hell am I supposed to say to him?" I asked them.

"Act normal. If he brings it up then talk to him about it." Maria explained. I sighed, swiftly answering.

"Hello?" I stated nervously.

"Hey Alisa." He greeted in a low tone.

"H-hey Austin. What's up?" I asked, trying to sound calm.

"Um, I don't know if you know this or not, but I got a picture last night of when we were at the gym...you know? Talking." He started.

"Yes." I replied, waiting for him to continue.

"It was a picture of us....kissing." He stated. I sighed and replied.

"I got it too." I began.

"I just want you to know that I had nothing to do with it. I have no clue who it is but I'm going to find out. I don't want people to get the wrong idea and most of all, I don't want your boyfriend to get the wrong idea." He explained.

"I know you wouldn't do it Austin, but don't worry. Let's just wait and see what happens next okay." I stated.

"I'm so sorry Alisa. This is so messed up." He said in a low tone.

"Don't beat yourself up about it Austin. We are completely innocent." I told him.

"Thanks Alisa. I'll call you later okay." He said.