Xscape

Simple Issues

Rayan

I've been riding around all day, trying to relieve some stress. Some people smoke, some kill. I drive. Corny maybe, but I'm me. I nodded my head to Kanye as I watched people go on about their day. I focused back on the road until I spotted Maria. I smiled to myself while slowing down a little. I watched her as she made her way over to her car. Luckily there was an empty parking space next to her. I pulled in then quickly got out. I heard her sigh aloud, knowing who I was. I turned towards her and gasped as if I didn't even recognize her.

"Maria. I didn't know that was you girl." I lied in a playful tone. She kissed her teeth while rolling her eyes. I shook my head while walking around my car.

"You know, your eyes will get stuck if you keep rolling them." I stated while approaching her.

"Don't you think I know that smart ass?" She questioned with an attitude.

"If so, then why do you do it?" I asked her. She remained silent, leaving me feeling somewhat accomplished.

"What do you want from me?" She asked in an irritating tone of voice.

"For you to stop being so mean to me." I replied. She chuckled while shaking her head.

"Not gonna happen player." She said as she opened the door to her car. I stopped her before she got in.

"Let me take you out?" I suggested. She sighed in frustration.

"No thanks." She said.

"Come on. I'll take you somewhere nice." I continued.

"Nope. I'm good." She said to me.

"Give me a chance, please." I begged. She eyed me down while hesitating to reply.

"I never beg. You gotta give me credit." I added. She chuckled a little then replied.

"I guess." She said in a low tone. I smiled big and moved closer to her. She looked up at me and said nothing.

"I knew eventually you'd give in baby girl." I said to her as I stroked her cheek. She rolled her eyes again, while pushing me away. I chuckled while backing away.

"Friday at 8. Don't be late." She said to me in blunt tone. I thought it was sexy.

"Alright." I said while biting down on my lip. I watched her get inside of her car then started it. She backed out of the lot then pulled off. I beamed brightly before speaking aloud.

"YES!" I shouted. I didn't care if people were looking at me. I'm Rayan Lopez. Fuck what you think. I hopped into my car then pulled out of the lot. I drove off while dialing Craig's number. It ringed twice before he picked up.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Ya nigga got a date Friday night." I said happily. He chuckled through the phone then replied.

"What chick did you pick up this time Ray?" He asked me. I scoffed before responding.

"She's not just some chick I picked up. It's Maria and for your information, I picked her up from the paring lot my nigga. Thank you!" I corrected. He laughed aloud then replied.

"Are you talking about the one who just refused to even be around you?" He questioned while still laughing. I kissed my teeth before replying.

"She didn't have a problem being around me this time and yes her." I answered. He laughed again the spoke.

"Dude she doesn't even want to breathe same air with you. How did you get a date with her?" He asked me, still laughing his ass off.

"I have my way nigga now shut up and just congratulate me dammit." I snapped, making him laugh harder, I swear none of them take me seriously.