Xscape

My Love

The Next Morning

Thursday, February 20 | Happy Birthday Charmaine

Charmaine

The sun pierced through my window, giving me a wake up call. My eyes fluttered opened and the ceiling was the first thing I saw. I sat up slowly and stretched for a quick second. Today is a good day, just like any other day of course. But it's my 22nd birthday, so that's make it special. I wasn't really planning on doing anything, but Craig decided to. I smiled to myself thinking about him. He's so sweet, funny and kind. I think about him everyday, he's such amazing guy...how could anyone be so mean and ruthless to him.

I strolled into the bathroom and turned on the water for my shower. I stripped out of my shorts and tank before getting in. Letting the warm water moist my skin, I washed up and washed my hair as well. Soon, I got out and dried myself off. I threw my clothes into the hamper then walked over to my closet. I hummed a tune while looking for something to simple to wear. I smiled, finding a nice, plain green tee. My favorite color. I pulled on a pair of super skinny, blue denim jeans. Slipped on my green tee and light tan sweater. I combed my hair into a neat bun then walked back into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

After, I made my way downstairs and the doorbell rung. I strutted over and peeped out of the window to see who it was. I saw a couple of bags on the door step, which made me curious. The bell rung again and I quickly opened it.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!" My best friend yelled happily with her arms out. I chuckled as hugged her tightly. She laughed then spoke.

"Twenty-two! How old do you feel?" She joked. I playfully rolled my eyes while letting her in.

"These are for you?" She stated while handing me two gift bags. I smiled and took them from her.

"Aw! You know you didn't have too." I said to her. She kissed her teeth before replying.

"Girl you know I had too, stop playing." She said, making us both laugh. We made our way into the living room and I began to look inside of the bags until she popped my hand.

"Ah! No peeking until later on." She stated. My mouth fell open as I raised my hands up in confusion. She giggled at my expression and I replied.

"Then why did you give them to me?" I whined.

"Because I wanted to tease you. Now give them here!" She demanded as she took the bags back. I playfully rolled my eyes while shaking my head. She sat next to me and sighed.

"So! Any plans for today?" She asked while poking my side. I shook my head until I remembered what Craig had planned. I opened my mouth to tell her until the door bell rung again. I stood up and walked over to the door and opened it. No one was there until I looked down. My eyes widened as I heard Maya speak.

"Ooh! Someone loves you." She said aloud. I picked up the ginormous bouquet of red roses then closed the door. I admired then until I noticed that it was letter attached to it. I opened it and read it to myself as Maya studied the roses.

Char,

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. Why? Because I thought about you of course. I went out and bought you these roses because they remind me of you and your wonderful personality. They're fresh, so be sure to put them in water as soon as you finish reading this. :) I simply cannot wait until I see you later on today. I'm really looking forward to spending time with you your special day. Happy Birthday Beautiful.

Sincerely,

Craig

A smiled formed across my face and I beamed brightly as I folded the letter back up. This day can't get any better than this.