Xscape

Shattered

Two Days Later

Charlie

I sat on the love seat, playing with Madelyn. I was planning to go and see Jacob since Alisa said that he's making process...though he still hasn't waken up. I know that I have a lot of explaining to do and I don't want to lose Jacob. Whether he takes care of Madelyn or not..and if he decides not to, then it's fine. I don't blame him, because she isn't his. Yet still, I can't bare to lose him as a friend.

"Maddie!" I called in a happy tone, tickling her tiny body. She smiled, slamming her tiny hands on her legs. I suddenly heard a knock on the door, catching my attention. I quickly stood up, putting Maddie in her play pen before heading out of the living room. I ran my fingers through my hair, fixing my glasses and opened the door.

"Hey." I greeted with a smile.

"Hey beautiful." He greeted back while stepping inside. I hugged him tightly, beaming brightly.

"How you doing?" He asked me.

"I'm good. How are you?" I asked, closing the door behind him.

"Wonderful. Wonderful." He said, heading for the living room.

"Madelyn!" I heard him sing aloud in a happy tone. I heard her laugh that cute little laugh as I followed behind. He lifted her up in the air, moving her tiny body from side to side. I sat on the sofa, watching the whole thing as it put a smile on my face. He placed her back into her play pen before walking over to me, sitting on the sofa.

"So!" He began, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"So?" I repeated.

"I was thinking a lot lately and I was wondering if you would like to meet my mom." He began. I hesitated to answer, until he continued.

"She really wants to meet you." He added.

"So, I'm guessing you've been talking about me huh?" I asked him. He chuckled, looking away for a second.

"Just a little. You know, I have to brag about how amazing you are." He responded. I felt my cheeks burn as a smile formed across my face. He chuckled again.

"I would love to meet your mother." I stated.

"Great. Bring Madelyn along with you too." He said.

"Of course." I replied. He smiled, making me smile.

"Well, since you're here, would you like to stay for dinner?" I offered.

"Of course. What are you making?" He asked.

"I was thinking tacos or stir frye." I answered. He grinned as I stood to my feet.

"Whatever your on for, I'm down beautiful." He said to me. I smiled, walking over to get Madelyn out of her play pen. Her tiny fingers, played with my hair as I looked towards Michael.

"Let's go with the tacos." I stated as he walked towards me. Madelyn reached for him and he took her out of my arms.

"Well, someone is getting attached." I joked. He chuckled, kissing her chubby cheek.

"Lead the way miss." He said. We headed out of the living room, into the kitchen. Maybe this really is the start of something great.

Charmaine

I walked along the sidewalk, watching cars go by while listening to Maya rant on about my baby shower. I placed my hands into my pockets of my sweatpants, letting the wind blow my hair everywhere.