Chapter III

My Love

February 2014

Friday Evening

Charlie

I sat there in the middle of my cell, scratching at the floor. I remained silent as. Spelled out the name of my lover. I scratched harder with my nails as I began to think long and hard about him. About how beautiful he was, how charming he was, how aggressive he was and yet he doesn't love me. I continued to carve his name into the wooden floor with my nails, watching them break and bleed, but I didn't care. I couldn't even feel the pain. I was too worked up about Jacob Perez...the love of my life. I finished scratching the Z in his last name then smiled. I looked around my room as I took in the wonderful decor of my cell. Seeing his name everywhere...you would think that I'm crazy. Haha! My door opened and in came the nurse. She sighed as she shook her head.

"Not again." She groaned as she approached me. She helped me up to my feet and I stood there quietly without saying a word. She began to clean my bloody finger tips then spoke.

"You have to stop doing this Charlie. You can't keep hurting yourself." She said sweetly, yet tiring.

"But he hurt me." I growled. She sighed deeply this time while wrapping each and everyone of my fingers with gauges. She then stroked my cold and pale cheek before speaking up again.

"Then let him go." She said to me before leaving. I watched my door close and looked down at my feet. I can't let him go...I will never let him go. He is my one and only lover and no one can take him away from me. Not even Danny. My face went straight when that name came to mine. I growled lowly as I began to think more and more of her. I simply cannot stand that bitch and I was this close to taking her out. This close. She thinks she can just come and take what's mine? Fuck no. She will get what's coming for her and I won't rest until she's gone for good. Just wait until I get out of here. I stood up to my feet as I began to feel the nerve of throwing up. I walked over to the toilet and threw up everything that I ate from this morning to now. I picked my head up but threw up again. That disgusting food they have here. I don't even know why I bother to eat it. My door opened again as I picked my head up again. Two workers came in along with the nurse.

"Throwing up again Charlie?" She asked me. I nodded while wiping my mouth.

"Stop feeding me that disgusting shit you call food and I won't be." I snapped, growing angry. They lead me over to my bed and I sat down. She pulled my sleeve up and cleaned my arm with an alcohol pad. I kept my eyes on my artwork, just thinking. I can no longer stay here. I belong out in the world, with Jacob.

"You know Ms. Chesterfield, if you cut the attitude, people will start treating you more nicely." She stated. I blew air in frustration. I eyed her down, giving her a death glare.

"My name is Mrs. Perez." I said at her. She chuckled then replied.

"And if you stop with these imaginations, then you won't be labeled as a psycho." She added. I pushed her away and stood to my feet.

"I am not a psycho bitch!" I growled at her, growing angry.

"Hold her down please." She commanded. The two men grabbed me and tried to hold me down. I fought back with all the strength that I had. I kicked on in the groin then focused on the other.

"I'M NOT A PSYCHO!" I screamed aloud as the held me down on the bed. I kicked and screamed to the top of my lungs.

"JACOB! HELP ME PLEASE! THEY'RE HURTING ME." I yelled, hoping he would come to my rescue. But he didn't. I cried and cried as she stuck the needle in my arm.