Xscape

The One That Got Away

Rayan

I poked her sides, as she continued to laugh. She laughed harder...tears forming in her eyes. She wiped them, but they kept coming. I laughed as well while watching her die of laughter.

"Was it seriously that funny?" I asked her. She tried to answer but she couldn't get her words out.

"Y-Yes!" She semi-yelled. I chuckled while shaking my head. She finally calmed down and fanned herself with her hands.

"Whoa! That was hilarious." She stated before slipping her hand into mine. I glanced at our hands then smiled. We strolled around for awhile then suddenly someone approached us.

"Maria is that you?" She asked. I studied her face for a minute, remembering it from somewhere.

"Hey girl." Maria greeted with a smile as she pulled her into a hug. The woman's smile faded once she looked at me. I gave her a confused look.

"Hello Rayan." She said bluntly.

"I've seen you from somewhere?" I began.

"Ha! Yeah! Your bedroom remember?" She stated with sarcasm. I raised my eyebrows in shock that she said that.

"Michelle!" Maria said.

"What? It's a shame how many women he sleeps with. Seriously, your name is in the book for highest records Ray. Bravo." She said sarcastically while clapping her hands together. I rolled my eyes in aggravation. Everything began to come back to me...the day I met her. I spilled my charm, she fell for it...I brought her home and we got to work. The next morning she suggested that we should be together. At that time, I wasn't into relationships then. I just wanted what I wanted and that's it...but now that I've gotten what I want...I'm going to cherish it for as long as I can keep her. Maria has really changed me for the better and I'm just waiting for the day when we become one.

"I'm hoping you two are just friends and nothing more. Maria, I've told you about this one right here. He's no good." She stated. I sighed in frustration and walked away.

"And a wuss? I seriously can't believe that I slept with him and actually wanted him." I heard her say. I shook my head as I kept walking. That woman was really getting to me.

"RAY!" I heard Maria call out. I kept walking until I reached the parking lot. I unlocked my door, about to get in until she caught up with me.

"Ray." She began but I cut in.

"I don't want to talk about it Maria." I said softly.

"I'm sorry. She can be really....um blunt and outspoken, but she's really nice." She explained. I chuckled, almost believing her for a minute.

"I think she's completely stuck up." I stated bluntly.

"She's not..she's only looking out for me." She stated with a shrug. I leaned against the car, putting my hands into my pocket.

"But you know that I'm not like that anymore and I think she needs to know that too." I stated. She stepped closer to me...staring into my eyes.

"I know and I will tell her. You've really improved a lot. Don't let her get to you." She said to me as she wrapped her arms around my waist. I looked down at her face as she gave me an reassuring smile. I smiled then replied.

"Alright babe." I stated with a weak smile.

"Babe?" She asked in confusion. I chuckled before responding.

"Yes...babe." I said with pride...wrapping my arms around her waist. I pulled her closer to me...pressing my lips to hers. She held onto my arms, kissing back. My hands moved to her face as I deepened it.