Xscape

Whatever Life Throws At You

Chresanto

I stepped out of the shower, getting ready for work. I'm finally back on my regular shift, so I won't be as tired. I got dressed into my work clothes then left out of my room, into the kitchen. I sighed, realizing that I had nothing to eat for breakfast... Lunch nor dinner and I don't have the money to go grocery shopping right now. I guess I'll grab a bite on my way to work. I grabbed my keys and walked out of the house. I locked the door then headed towards my car. I began to think about Avian, just thinking about her made me smile.

Yeah... I have a crush on my bestfriend. I always have. She's such an amazing person. She's not one of those stuck up rich girls that only thinks about herself, but she thinks about others before she even thinks about herself. We've been friends forever but I didn't start having a crush on her until eighth grade. She has no clue and that's good because I don't want her to know. I'm afraid to, I don't want to ruin our friendship by trying to start a relationship. It's too risky and I've seen it happen before. Trey constantly tells me to take advantage of it before someone else scoops her up but I just can't do it.

No one knows about my feelings for Ava except Trey. I haven't even bothered to tell the guys and I really don't plan to. Maybe I'll find someone who'll take my mind off of her, because there's no way in the world that I'm ever going to date my best friend.

"Hi Chresanto." Someone said to me as I walked into the building. I picked my head up to see Jasmine smiling at me. I gave her one in return then spoke up.

"Hey Jas, it's nice to have you back." I said to her in a polite tone. She smiled again and spoke.

"Yeah. I'm sorry for having you to do a double take and work extra. I promise I'll make it up to you." She stated.

"Ah! Don't worry about it." I told her, simply shrugging my shoulders. I noticed her cheeks turning a bright red as she began to smile. I couldn't help but smile back at her.

Jacob

I unlocked the door to my house, quietly pushing it open. I peeked inside, afraid to even go in. Danny grew impatient and pushed me in, almost causing me to fall over. I gave her a death glare as she mouthed an apology. I scanned around towards the stairs then the doorway of the kitchen. I didn't smell anything cooking and I didn't hear anything. It was too damn quiet in here.

"Maybe she left." Danny whispered. I glanced back at her and shrugged my shoulders. Something wasn't right. Stalkers just don't get and leave. I peeped inside the kitchen while Danny searched the living room. It was empty, no sign of Charlie anywhere. Danny walked back out, shrugging her shoulders and shaking her head. We both turned towards the stairs, waiting and debating.

"You think she's up there?" She asked me. I sighed breathing deeply.

"I really don't want to answer that." I said.

"No one said that you had to nigga. Now let's go. If she isn't here, now is our chance to get whatever you need to get." She stated, pushing me up the stairs. We tip toed all the way to my room. I swiftly grabbed a couple of outfits along with a couple of more things that I needed while Danny grabbed my bags in order to pack. I chuckled just thinking about this whole situation.

"You know, I find this kind of funny. It's like I'm breaking into my own house." I stated. She gave me a straight face and I simply shrugged.

"Let's hurry before she gets back." She stated, going back to packing.

"Before who gets back?" Someone asked.

"Oh Shit!" I stated quickly in shock as I turned my head towards the door. I hit my foot on the edge of the bed and yelped in pain as I fell over. All you heard was a loud thud. I swiftly picked myself up and hid behind Danny for protection. I know, coward right!