Xscape

New Beginnings

The Next Morning | 8:00 A.M.

Charmaine

I woke up with a massive headache. I winced in pain, hearing the doorbell ring. I looked over, not seeing Craig next to me either. I slowly got up to my feet, heading for the door. Cautiously walking down the stairs, I made it to the door. I opened it, quickly.

"Oh my goodness. Did someone run you over with a bus or something?" She asked.

"Shut up before I slam this damn door in your face." I snapped.

"Calm your boobs. Now what's going on with you?" She asked while stepping inside.

"I'm sick. Can't you tell?" I replied, closing the door.

"Obviously. Have you been outside without a damn coat? I've told you about that Charmaine Love." She snapped.

"It was so peacefully before you got here." I said to her before walking away.

"Funny." She said, following me. I grabbed a water bottle and two aspirins, while eyeing her down.

"So, explain to me why are you here? I thought you were in Atlanta?" I asked.

"I was. But now I'm back and I wanted to hang, but you're diseased and I don't have time for that." She explained.

"I am not diseased. I just have a slight cold." I told her before swallowing down my water.

"Just a slight cold. It look like Antarctica and Alaska came and whooped your ass twice Char. You look horrible." She said to me. I groaned, turning towards her.

"Shut the hell up Maya!" I semi-yelled. Before she could say anything, I clutched onto my stomach, feeling even sicker. I dashed down out for the kitchen, down the hall...trying to get to the bathroom. Once I did, I threw up. Maya ran in, holding my hair up as I threw up my entire life.

"Are you sure that it's just a cold baby?" She asked me. I sat up, feeling tired and disgusted with myself.

"I'm sur-" I began, until throwing up again.

"Sure. I'll be back and where's Craig?" She asked me. I shrugged my shoulders, lifting my head up.

"Can you handle yourself for about ten minutes?" She questioned, arching my stand to my feet.

"Yeah." I said in a tiring voice. She felt my head, shaking her head.

"You're burning up. It's like a Volcano came and whoop your ass, Alaska's ass and Ant-" She ranted.

"Okay Maya. Just go do whatever you got to do and come back." I ordered.

"Alright. Hang in there okay." She said, walking out of the bathroom. I held my thumb up, not able to say anything. I gave away a disgusting look, tasting the horrible taste of puke in my mouth. It made me want to barf....and that's exactly what I did. I coughed badly while sitting up. I finally was able to flush the toilet then started my bath water. I drug myself upstairs, into the bathroom...starting my water. I stripped out of my clothes and stepped in. Moaning in satisfaction of how amazing it felt. I relaxed for a minute before washing up. After, I rinsed off then got out. Wrapping the towel around my body, I walked out of the bathroom, going into the bedroom. I grabbed my phone, seeing any calls from Craig. I dialed his number, putting the phone to my ear.

"What's up! Sorry I couldn't answer the phone, but leave your name and message. I'll get back to you." I sighed, dropping my phone then sat on the bed. I began to feel like crap all over again. I held my head into my hands, sighing loudly. I heard the door open, hoping it was Craig.