Xscape

You Know Me Better Than I Know Myself

Early Tuesday Morning | 2:47 A.M.

Jacob

My eyes opened, hearing Madelyn cry. I got up from the bed, heading into her room. She cried louder as I walked over to her crib. I picked her up.

"What's wrong beautiful?" I asked in a tiring tone of voice. She continued to cry aloud. I kissed her cheek then headed downstairs. I fixed her milk and fed her. She looked up at me as she quickly chugged down her formula.

"You know? You look exactly like your mother. She's very beautiful, although...she had her issues, but she's still a beautiful woman." I said to her. She made tiny sounds as she stared into my eyes. She quickly finished and I placed the bottle into the sink. I patted her back until she burped. After, I went back upstairs into my room. Alisa had to work and won't be back until later in the morning. So, it was just me and Madelyn. I placed her next to me as she laid there in silence. She looked around the room as her tiny feet kicked in the air. She made her tiny sounds, making me chuckle. Her hands flew everywhere as she got louder.

"Hey?" I whispered, getting her attention. Her head turned towards me as she stared at me once again. I chuckled, gently tickling her stomach with my finger. She began to laugh as I played around with her...making funny faces as I continued to tickle her. She kicked harder as her giggles filled the room. I laughed as well...it was so cute. I finally stopped, still laughing at her. She managed to roll onto her stomach. She tried to keep herself up with her hands but failed. She laid there with her eyes open, I guess debating whether to try again. She soon reached for me, squirming her way towards my stomach. I chuckled, watching her tiny body move about. She was extremely smart for a one month old. I pulled her up into the air. She laughed as I brought her back down, laying her against my chest. I kissed her forehead then laid my head back onto the pillow.

"I love you." I told her.

Early That Afternoon | 12:39 P.M.

Jacob

I rose up, realizing the I had Madelyn in here with me last night or earlier. I jumped up, not seeing her in here. I began to panic until I heard someone walk in. It was Alisa, holding Madelyn. I sighed in relief, plopping back onto the bed.

"Morning babe." She greeted, approaching the bed.

"Hey." I moaned in the pillow. She sat on the edge of the bed, smiling at Madelyn.

"I came in this morning, seeing little one here, making her way off of the bed." She chuckled. I groaned, rolling onto my back. I felt so irresponsible. My child would have been hurt trying to get off of this bed. What kind of parent am I?

"Relax. Babies tend to be sneaky...and quiet." Alisa stated while playing with Madelyn.

"But she could've gotten hurt babe. She would've been crying her ass off and I still would've been asleep." I stated.

"Calm down. You're still getting used to this parenting thing. You learn from your mistakes. It's okay." She said. I smiled, feeling relieved.

"Come here." I commanded. She placed Madelyn on the bed, next to me. She then climbed on top as well before I pulled her on top of me. Her hands snuggled behind my head as my hands rested on her hips.

"I missed you." I said softly. She chuckled, gently rubbing her hands through my curls.

"I missed you too." She said sweetly. She leaned in, kissing my lips. I softly bit her bottom lip, deepening the kiss. My hands firmly gripped her waist. She lifted herself up a little, hovering over me without breaking the kiss. I pulled her back down, slipping my hands inside of her sweatpants. It was getting heated until we heard a loud sneeze. Alisa pulled away, looking towards Madelyn. She sneezed again, making me smile.