Xscape

Phase Two

The Next Morning | 7:00 A.M.

Charlie

I wiped my eyes for the hundredth time. My face was aching from all of that crying. My boyfriend was shot and my daughter stopped breathing. After Ray told me that she wasn't breathing, I went on a rampage. They rushed Madelyn to the back and got help immediately. They ran tests on her and haven't told me what's going on yet. I was growing impatient and worried. I wonder if this was a test from God, if so then I'm failing right now. I just don't know what to do anymore. I haven't left the hospital yet and I don't plan to until they tell me that my daughter and boyfriend are going to be okay.

The door opened, catching my attention. A nurse came into the room, giving me a nice smile.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, handing me a bottle of water.

"Other than having a major headache, I'm holding on." I told her. She sat next to me, sighing deeply.

"How is she?" I asked, afraid to know.

"She had a very high fever. It was so high and that's what caused her to pass out." She explained.

"It may have been from the weather. Babies usually get it at this time of year." She continued.

"But, after running a few tests and getting plenty of rest." She began.

"She's doing just fine." She smiled. I blew air in relief, looking up at the ceiling.

"Oh my god." I whispered to myself. The door opened again, hearing a tiny laugh.

"Alright! Alright! I have one amazing baby here who misses her mommy." A man stated as he walked in with my daughter. I stood to my feet, holding my arms out for her.

"Madelyn." I beamed. She moved her tiny arms, smiling brightly. I took her into my arms, kissing her multiple times.

"Her temperature has gone down tremendously. Just make sure she gets plenty of rest and keep her out of this hot wether." He said to me while running his fingers through her curls.

"I also subscribed her something that should take her fever away." He stated, handing me a slip of paper. I took it, putting it into my back pocket.

"Thank you so much. I thought I was about to lose her." I honestly stated. He chuckled, shaking his head.

"She's a strong one, so you'll be fine." He said. I grabbed my bag and headed out with the nurse. I signed Madelyn out and left the Hospital. I picked up her medicine before heading home. After getting her settled, I going to check on Michael. I felt like breaking down when he came to mind. I can only pray that god will take care of him.

Alisa

I walked back inside of the room, seeing him sitting there with his head in his hands. I closed the door, grabbing his attention.

"You okay love?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He stated.

"Come here." He ordered. I smiled a little, walking over to him. He gestured me to sit next to him. I slipped my shoes off, climbing next to him. He suddenly pulled me on his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I heard everything you said when you came to visit." He began, looking at me. I looked towards him for a minute then looked away agin. I remembered everything I said.....every time I came to visit. His hand gently caressed my cheek, turning my head to face him. He stared into my eyes.

"You mean everything to me Alisa. I know we've been through a lot! But I wouldn't trade you for the world. I love you dearly and I want to be with you for the rest of my life." He said, touching my lips.