Chapter IV

The One That Got Away

March 2014

Jacob

3:30 A.M.

I sighed as I rolled over on my backside. I am extremely tired, but can never get a few seconds of sleep whatsoever. Charlie is still missing and I literally going insane about it. I haven't heard anything from her nor seen her, but she was a slick one.

I slowly got out of bed and headed downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water and two Advils. I'm not the type to take meds, but my head was killing me and if I don't take anything for it, I'm going to be put into the mental facility. I closed the fridge and headed out until I saw a figure standing there.

"C-Charlie!" I managed to say aloud. The figure came closer and the light flickered on. I sighed in relief while placing my hand on my chest.

"Danny." I whined.

"Are you okay?" She asked me.

"I can't sleep and I have headache." I answered. She poked her bottom lip out as she approached me. She wrapped her arms around my waist, looking up at me.

"Is it because of Charlie?" She inquired while watching me take the Advil. I chugged my water down quickly then nodded.

"Wow, she must really have you scared the way you killed that water." She said to me with a chuckle. I threw the bottle away then sighed aloud, running my hands over my face.

"I want everyone to come over later today, so call the guys okay." She ordered.

"Yes ma'am." I told her as I continued to wipe my eyes.

"Come on." She said to me while pulling me out of the kitchen. I turned the light off and let her lead the way.

Rayan

I laid in bed, thinking about Maria. I missed her and I wish that she was here, laying next to me. But, we're just friends. I clearly want to be more, but she saids that I have a lot more proving to do. I began to think about all of the women that I've hurt over the past. I began to think about how stupid I was. How careless I was, how conceited I was...I still am but not as I used to be. I hurt every single one of those women and didn't even apologize. It really takes effect when you sit back and thinking about it all. My phone rung aloud, bring me out of my thoughts. I checked the caller ID and smiled.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Did I wake you?" She asked me. I sighed while laying back in bed.

"Nah! I'm just up thinking. Everything okay?" I questioned.

"I can't sleep for some reason. I was wondering if you could come over." She suggested. A smiled formed, feeling good inside. I cleared my throat before replying.

"Are you sure everything is okay?" I asked again.

"Yes. I just sorta miss you that's all." She explained. I smirked then licked my lips a little.

"Give me ten minutes." I told her.

"Okay bye." She said before hanging up. I placed my phone aside then got up from bed. I slipped on a pair of sweats and threw on a hoodie. I grabbed my phone and keys, then headed out. I locked the door behind me then jogged over to my car. I got in and backed out of the driveway. I was going crazy on the inside. The fact that she wanted me to come over, was killing me inside. I really like Maria and I plan to work things out in order for us to have something good in the future. She made me see things clearly and made me realize that all the shit I've been doing isn't who I want to be for the rest of my life. It's time that I settle down and stop playing mind games with females. I don't want to lose Maria.