Xscape

You Know Me Better Than I Know Myself

A Week Later, Monday

Charlie

A week past & everything has been going well so far. I managed to get a job at Jonny's Palace. It has been a great experience and I love it here. The manager and employers are nice. Chresanto, Jay's friend, is very nice to me. He showed me around and got me situated. I don't stay with Jacob any more. I got myself my own apartment. Luckily, before I was put into the facility...I managed to save up a good amount of money from dancing at the Red Barren. Now I have a place of my own. Two bedroom apartment. It may not be a huge combo, but it really is a nice complex. The environment is peaceful and it isn't really that far. Jacob did help me out with furniture and what not. He even help me set up a room for Madelyn.

"Hey Charlie. Want to go out to lunch with us?" Chresanto asked, approaching me. I hesitated to answer. I know that I've been out for a week now, but I'm still not sure if Jacob's friends will accept me. I mean...I stalked their friend for goodness sake.They probably hate me.

"Uh! I don't know." I began.

"You're welcome to join us." He added. I gave him a weak smile.

"Thanks, but I'll pass. Maybe next time." I said to him.

"Okay then." He said with a smile before walking back into the kitchen. I sighed to myself, taking my apron off. I put it up then grabbed my bag. I waved goodbye to Chresanto before leaving. I walked along the side of the street, looking both ways before crossing to the other side. I walked downtown of LA, searching for a place to snack. I didn't feel like going for Starbucks. I was craving for Chinese or maybe a sub. I decided to visit LA's Best Deli & Cafe. I went inside and ordered a Chipotle Chicken Combo with a side salad and Ice Tea. I paid then waited patiently for my food. I checked my phone, realizing that I had a message. It was from Jacob. "She misses you." I read to myself as I smiled at the picture of Madelyn. She was such a jolly baby. I placed my phone away, hearing my order. I grabbed it then headed for a table. I grabbed one by the window and prepared myself to eat. I took out my phone to text Jay back. "Aw. I miss her too." I sentenced before pressing send. I placed my phone down and dug into my food. I've been eating a lot lately. That's what happens when you've been in the facility for so long...starving yourself to death.

"Excuse me?" A husky voice interrupted. I slowly looked up to see a tall, muscular guy standing in front of me. He was brown skin, dark mocha color. His skin glowed. His hair was dreaded up nice and neatly...with ombré tips. His outfit screamed Dope Impression. I swallowed my piece of chipotle then answered.

"Yes?" I replied.

"I was wondering if this seat was taken?" He questioned. I glanced at the seat that was in front of me, debating if I should say no. I heard him chuckle.

"It's fine. I'm sorry to bother you." He began.

"No. This seat isn't taken." I told him.

"Well, may I seat here and join you?" He inquired.

"I don't mind." I said with a half smile. He sat in front of me and smiled before speaking. God that smile was killing me. He was beautiful.

"Thanks. I really hope that you don't mind. I saw you over here and thought I should make a new friend." He said politely. I chuckled then responded.

"That's very nice of you...I guess." I stated with a shrug.

"My name is Michael. Michael Smith." He introduced.

"I'm Charlie....Chesterfield." I introduced. He smiled.

"Beautiful name. It fits you." He complimented. I found myself blushing, feeling my cheeks burn.