Xscape

New Beginnings

January 27th

That Morning | 8:02 A.M.

Charmaine

I woke up alone once again. I heard the doorbell ring, so I got up. Dragging myself down the stairs, I answered it.

"Hey love." Maria greeted.

"Hey babe. What's up?" I asked her. Alisa came in behind her.

"Hi darling. Heard you've been sick." She began.

"So we came to take care of you." Maria added. I smiled at their kindness. I closed the door and followed them into the kitchen.

"I brought you some soup and apple sauce. I didn't know what kind you wanted though." She began. The sound of apple sauce, made me sick to my stomach. She pulled them out of the bag and I felt it coming. I took off out of the kitchen, down the hall.

"Charmaine?" Alisa called. I dropped to my knees, barfing.

"You okay?" Maria asked. I sat up, sighing aloud. I waited for a minute, just in case I had to puke again. After, I flushed then washed my hands.

"Maybe apple....I mean, that stuff makes her sick." Alisa began. I walked out, going back into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and chugged it down.

"You must have the flu Char." Maria stated. I threw the bottle away before leaning against the counter. I looked at them both before speaking.

"I'm not sick...well, I am sick, but it isn't the flu." I said softly. Maria gasped.

"Is it a disease? Oh no, you're too young to die." She began.

"No! No!" I began.

"I'm pregnant." I finished. Alisa's face lit up with excitement while Maria said nothing.

"Craig is gonna be a dad?" Alisa began.

"And you're gonna be a mommy?" Maria added. I smiled a little, nodding my head. They both squealed, running over to me. They began to rant on about them being an aunt and how much they were going to spoil the baby.

"Guys! Calm down. I'm not even a month yet." I said while laughing.

"Yeah, but still there's a baby in there Char." Alisa said, rubbing my stomach.

"I know. I almost can't believe it myself." I said, looking down at it.

"Speaking of dad. Where is the father of this child?" Maria said in a silly tone. I shrugged, realizing that Craig wasn't here.

"I don't know. He wasn't here yesterday morning either. He came back in the afternoon after I woke up." I explained.

"You know, Ray has been slipping off with some chick he claims that they're friends, but I'm not so sure." She said.

"Do I need to whoop someone ass?" I asked her.

"As much as I would love for you to, But I can handle this one. Plus you don't need to be whooping anyone ass, now that you're expecting." She told me.

"That's right! You're ass kicking days are over until after mine months." Alisa added. I blew air in frustration.

"Not even a slap?" I asked them.

"Nope! You need to be calm and relaxed throughout your entire pregnancy. It'll hurt the baby." Maria answered.

"Dammit." I said. They laughed, making me laugh too.