#23 "He is a Gay!" (part 3)

#shortimaginesjoshuajeonghan
==

"Okay, so this 30-lesson unit is based on six short stories and focuses on issues related to violence, bullying, sexuality, and substance use; gang-related issues are also explored. All of these issues have been identified by youth as problems they are facing and all fit within the triad of risk behaviours – violence, sexual behaviour, and substance use – that is the central focus Fourth R programming for English lessons.  Since the short stories are about issues important to youth, the stories provide a starting point for reading, thinking, talking, and writing about these topics," Teacher Hong discussed.

You are sitting from the back beside your seatmate- Yoon Jeonghan. You looked at each other briefly, then your gaze repelled like equal polarities.

After of what happened days ago, it may be awkward sitting beside a guy who kissed you, and also looking ahead to your teacher- a.k.a, your brother's bestfriend and also your first love.

Jeonghan yawned, swinging his left arm up before putting it above your shoulder. You are now white as chalk. Your eyes and mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise, and although you are staring straight at teacher Hong, you appeared not to notice him at all in this moment.

"Tomorrow, we are going to tackle the Story number 1, about  Relationships with 5 periods and..." Teacher Hong stopped in the middle when he saw Jeonghan's arm around your shoulder. He pursed his lips and clenched his teeth with a sullen expression.

Seeing this view is a pain of jaw from clenching his teeth, a turmoil due to negative feelings and a burning sensation in his stomach- simply, he is getting jealous.

"I hope . . ." teacher Hong managed to continue, "you will participate. Any question class?"

"Nah!" the whole class recites together except of the two of you at the back.

However, Jeonghan took his arm from your shoulder and put it up. "I have a question Teacher!" he shouted.

The whole class fixed their gaze on him. Jeonghan never asked question to his teachers, not until today.

"What. is. it. Mr.Yoon.Jeonghan?" Joshua asked before making a straight line on his lips.

"Our topic for tomorrow is about 'Relationships'. So, I was thinking if it is okay to date Ms. (Y/n)," he said.

"Yiiieeeeeeeeeee!" your classmates shouted.

You daren't move, you daren't even breathe, you are frozen to the spot. You can feel your heart pounding inside your chest...duh-duhn, duh-duhn. Deep heavy breathes sound nearby. The hairs on your arms stand to attention, as a militia of chills march down on your spine. Then you looked at your first love reaction.

Stupid Joshua is giggling, unmanly it is, his muscles are shaking and then he  shows a face lit up brighter than a toothpaste commercial, pretending a soft look on it.  "Well, it depends Mr.Yoon. Miss (Y/N) must answer your question, not me."

"Oh really?" Jeonghan smirked and looked at you.

The laughter evaporated from Joshua's eyes, it is narrowed, rigid, cold and hard. His customary warmth gone faster than summer rain on the tarmac as he is looking at you.

You opened your mouth and about to answer, "I---" but you stopped.

"Jeonghan, we thought you are gay?" some of your classmate asked.

"Yeah, aren't you?" the other one asked.

Jeonghan let out a laughter. "Hahaha, am I?" he pointed himself. "Well, you can ask (Y/N)." His voice has a husky drawl as his eyes travelled down on your lips. "She can answer that question. Let her talk about the day I kissed her lips."

"Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!" another loud screamed filled the air made by your classmates.

They seemed to enjoy it except Joshua. White knuckles from clenching fist too hard, and gritted teeth from effort to remain silent, he hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. His face was red with suppressed rage, and when he exploded he hit the table so hard!

It made a loud, "Tukkkk!" sounds. Everyone looked at your teacher. Silence conquer. Joshua's heavy breath didn't explain his actions.

"Ting Ting ting!" the school bell rang.

"Oh, the class ended," Jeonghan stated and he stood up. "So if you will excuse me ladies and gentlemen, I will treat my girl to a date." He grabbed your hand and pulled you outside.

Joshua and you exchange some eye contact. And you see the pain in his eyes, begging you to stay from his sight.

When Jeonghan pulled you out you yanked his hand away.

"What was that?" you asked, glaring at him

"I am just stating where he should stand. Come on," he holds your hand again and start pulling you.

"W-Where are we going?!"

"I already said it. We are going to date," he looked at you and winked.

====