Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter19)

Start from the beginning

"Ash?" He moved to her side once again wrapping his arms around her. "Honey, I won't let anything happen to you. We'll find out who did this. And I already have someone coming to replace the door and change the locks." Ashling nodded in agreement and quickly moved to help unpack the rest of the grocery bags.

Minutes later Devin strolled through the front door without knocking he was angrily stomping down the hallway into the kitchen. Keiran stiffened his back at his father's presence. "How many?" His voice loud and gruff as he moved to eye the back door.

"Two or three." Keiran responded. Ashling heard a knock at the front door and left the men in the kitchen to talk.

Reaching the door she saw four guys standing there with a new door and a bag in their hands. They all looked in their early twenties as she looked over each of them. "Hey there, you must be Ashling." A blonde guy asked at the front of the group.

"I am. I guess y'all are supposed to be here to fix the back door." She noted as she moved from the door allowing them to enter. All four walked in taking up most of the hall way stopping when they heard the Alpha's voice booming from the kitchen.

Keiran must of noticed them right away as he welcomed them. "Ash, let me introduce you to Cameron, Anthony, Dylan, Xavier." He announced pointing to each one then stepping to her side he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Guys, this is Ashling, my mate." A blush crept into her cheeks as he kissed her neck in front of a bunch men she didn't know.

"Nice to meet you, Ashling." The blonde guy, who she just learned was Cameron, stated then looked to Devin who was suddenly in wolf form sniffing around the door and the back yard like Keiran had done earlier. "We brought the door and locks like you asked. This door may look like wood but it's reenforced internally with ¾ inch of steel. Even an Alpha would have trouble with this door." Keiran nodded in approval.

"Good job boys," Devin nodded at the boys as he walked back in wearing his pants and his shirt draped over his shoulder. "Did either of you notice if anything was taken?"

"No, we don't have much to take. But we haven't really checked either." Ashling looked around looking puzzled as to why someone would break into a home that didn't have anything in it.

"Well who ever it was is long gone, the scent is from early in the morning."

"They must have been waiting for us to leave this morning." Ashling noticed this conversation was going to last a while and decided to sneak off to start unpacking her boxes. She quickly found a few boxes of clothes and began carrying them back to their bedroom stacking them in the closet she claimed as her's. Before long Devin walked in and informed Ashling he was leaving. She smiled and waved good bye as she was deep into unpack a box of her photos and other random trinkets.

"I was wondering where you ran off too." Keiran whispered from behind her. He picked up a couple boxes containing the presents from their going away party and quickly took them to the kitchen. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Keiran. I am a werewolf after all." She smirked as she picked up a couple picture frames and arranged them over the dresser she brought.

In no time most of the boxes were deposited in different rooms awaiting the new furniture to be delivered the next day. After Keiran's friends replaced the door and the locks they agreed they'd return in the morning to help with the furniture as long as they supplied the food. Ashling laughed at the thought of having to cook large meals for numerous pack members.

__

"We brought you this, will it work?" The male dropped the silk pajama top on the ground in front of them.