Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 16)

16.

"Ashling!" Searching around to find where the voice was coming from she finally spotted Blain. His black hair cut short and graying slightly at his side burns. His arms were waving wildly in the air as he weaved his way through the thicket of people at the airport.

"Hey Uncle Blain." Ashling hugged his middle as he finally reached them. "Where's mom and dad?"

"Oh, Allison went into labor. They are at the hospital. I'm strict instruction to bring you to the hospital." His infectious smile couldn't make her smile at that remark, she was in trouble and she was about to be chewed out. She just knew it.

"Who gave the orders?"

"Ali. And I know she has no real power but I am not in the business for upsetting pregnant woman, especially not one who's in labor!" He chuckled as he moved to help Keiran with the luggage. "So you're one they've been talking about?" Blain asked Keiran watching him carefully.

"I guess so." He smirked as he tugged Ashling hips to his.

"Well I'm going to miss you around here, and I'm sure Tommy will too." Blain mentioned as his face saddened a bit. Ashling gave him a crooked smile as she remember growing up with Tommy since they were a few months apart, Tommy was Blain son with Aunt Simone. She was certain growing up that her father and Blain had hoped they'd become mates but Ashling could never bring herself to see him as more than a brother.

"Tommy is going to college in the fall and I'm sure he'll find someone to shack up with soon enough." Ashling giggled as they began their way out of the airport.

They maneuvered their way through the parking garage finally stopping in front of Blain's large black SUV. As Ashling slipped into the back seat Keiran tried to slip in beside her, "Sit up here, Keiran. I feel inclined to give you a proper talking to about my niece."

"Yes, sir." Keiran threw Ashling a grin before getting in the passenger seat and buckling up.

"Oh come on Blain, don't start getting all fatherly on him. If I remember right didn't you accidentally get caught up with Aunt Simone?" She giggled as she looked at him through the rear view mirror.

"You're right, I did claim her accidentally but it worked for us, because we really were meant for each other so it wasn't so much as an accident as it was fate intervening." Blain grinned as he drove down the high way.

"Keiran, I expect you to take care of that girl, and any time she wants to come home make sure she gets home." He said sternly as he glanced over at Keiran.

"I'll certainly try." Keiran noted.

The ride to the hospital was quick, especially with Blain driving. Ashling's door flew open before she could get unbuckled, Keiran stood there holding his hand out to her. Taking his hand she hopped down from the truck only to end up wrapped in his arms and kissing him again. She got lost in the movement of his lips and the pleasure of being in his arms. Blain began clearing his throat as he waited at the front of the car for them to untangle themselves.

"Come on you two."

"We're coming." Ashling sang as she pulled Keiran behind her. After a short ride up the elevator they reached Ali's room. Blain thought it'd be best if Ashling looked in rather either of the men. When she peaked her head in she saw Ali sitting up in bed, her hair a rumpled mess on her head and a small bundle tucked snugly in her arms.

"Ash!" She called out in hushed tones, as to not wake the sleeping baby. Ashling stuck her head back out the door motioning the guys to enter behind her. Keiran stood closely behind her always touching her somehow.