Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter19)

19.

The next morning Ashling was woken violently by a screaming Keiran. She scrambled out of bed throwing her clothes on in a rush and ran from the room ready shift if needed. She walked into the kitchen to see Keiran hopping on one leg holding his other foot whining in pain.

"What the hell?" She giggled slightly at the sight of him hopping around almost doing the can opener dance.

"Ouch!" He back up to the counter and hopped up to sit there and examine his foot. "I was going to fix you some break fast. I was carrying that box of cookware we got from your pack and I slammed my toe into the island." Ashling stepped over to him and looked at his toe.

"It's fine." She giggled as she glanced back up at his pouting face. "Well we have the pots and pans but we haven't bought any food, so what were you going to cook?"

"My mom bought some essentials for us. So scrambled eggs and toast?" Keiran asked as he raised his eye brows waiting for an answer.

"Sure." Ashling moved over to the closed box of pots and pans and opened it and began pulling out the new cookware. Keiran picked up a pan taking it to the sink to clean it off and placed it on the range.

"I guess after breakfast we'll run by the bank and then do some shopping. Is that okay with you?"

"Yep. And you still owe me new clothes since I had to rip through some at camp." She smirked as she glanced over her shoulder. Keiran simply shook his head rolling his eyes as he chuckled to himself.

Within ten minutes they were both sitting on the island counter eating quietly. When they were both done Ashling took both their paper plates throwing them away and walked back to the bedroom to shower. Her shower was short lived as she rushed to dry off and change into a pair of short jean shorts and a tank top. She quickly located Keiran in the formal living room moving a few boxes around, he was already dressed in fitted black t-shirt and khaki shorts.

"Ready?" He asked as he saw Ashling standing in the doorway, she simply nodded. Keiran slipped on some shoes grabbing Ashling's car keys.

As he said they went to the bank first but quickly set out for a few furniture stores. Keiran let her choose whatever she wanted laughing at her when her eyes would grow wide with excitement. By early afternoon she had pick out furniture, televisions, a computer, desk, and office chair. Most all would be delivered the next day giving them some time to unpack her stuff. After taking in a late lunch they decided to buy some groceries and head home. That was still odd for Ashling to say, but she could feel herself beginning to consider it her home. When they arrived back at the house they both filled their arms with bags of food from the trunk beginning to carry them inside. Something caught her by surprise, as she walked through the kitchen the back door was wide open, when I it was closed and locked before they left.

"KEIRAN!" Ashling called out, he came in carrying another load of groceries. He placed them down on the counter then turned look at Ashling.

"What's wrong babe?" His eyes followed what Ashling was looking. Anger began boiling within him. He excused himself from the room to shift without hurting anyone. When he reentered the kitchen his large wolf form barely fit he moved toward the back door and sniffed it violently stepping into the back yard a bit. He walked back in a few seconds later to see Ashling still frozen in her spot. Once he shifted back he slipped on his shorts moved to Ashling's side. "You okay?"

"Who would do that?" Her voice wavering slightly.

"I don't know, that scent isn't anyone I know." Keiran shook his head as he pulled out his phone hitting one button and then began speaking to someone. "I'll see you in a few minutes then." He placed his phone back down and began unloading the groceries into the refrigerators and cabinets.