61: υи∂єя му тнυмв

The way he does just what he's told,

Down to me, the change has come.

Z A I R E:

I found myself laying awake, snuggled up close to my master as he slept beside me. He had the habit of staying awake until I've fallen asleep so that he knows that I'm okay. I hardly ever found myself unable to sleep lately.

Sykes had changed that. He had taken me by the hand and talked out every single one of my issues with me, finding the underlying cause of my nightmares nearly ceaselessly.

After he'd helped me understand why I was having them, I was able to stop having the nightmares. The ones about Jerome were still around, but when I did have them, he woke me up and held me, listening while I cried to him.

Sykes is everything that I have ever strived to be—he's so strong, well-kept and attractive. He has this air about him that screams no bullshit. Anybody would be stupid to speak out against him. I can't believe his father could hurt him that way...

It is no wonder he's a Master. He couldn't stand not to have control of his life after his father had been so horrible to him. I feel like going back there and killing him. I just can't believe that a father could do something so terrible.

I have never even thought of him being abused. He just seemed too... too strong. He had always struck me as the type of guy who had the world in his hands by the time he was seventeen.

His father is highly critical, though. I hated him with a passion. But I also know that I wanted his approval so badly.

Sykes had told me that his father was impossible to please at one point. But I hadn't truly believed it, I guess. A father will surely approve of anyone that'll make his son happy, right?

I was so wrong. So, so wrong. And now I feel like shit because I didn't want Sykes to stand up to his father for me. "I could feel the waves of your emotions all the way in the Sahara." Sykes groaned, and I sighed, biting my lip and closing my eyes. "Little one, what's the matter?" He asked, and I sighed again.

"I just... was thinking." I admitted.

"About my father?" He sighed, and I nodded shamefully. "I told you it's nothing to worry about. I'm a grown man."

"But... I don't want you to feel like you're emasculated by your father." I bit my lip. He laughed and shook his head.

"Honestly, Zaire. It's nothing. I'm not worried about it." He said, and I sighed again. "Look, I would have loved to told my father where to stick it, but I love you enough to care about what you want, too. I know that making a good impression on my father was a big deal to you. It's understandable." He said.

"I just..." He sighed.

"Precious, there's nothing wrong about wanting to make a good impression." He told me, and I nodded.

"Will you take me somewhere today?" I asked him, and he nodded, raising an eyebrow.

"I will take you wherever you want to go." He said, and I nodded.

"It's a surprise." I said, and he nodded, wrapping his arms around me and pushing his face into the crook of my neck with a sigh. "I love you, Master." I said, and he smiled softly against my neck.

"I love you too, sweetheart." He said softly, his lips brushing my neck as he spoke. I sighed deeply, this time in pleasure.

"Goodnight." I said.

"Don't let the bed bugs bite." He poked, and I giggled softly, closing my eyes and sinking in to his warmth.

***