15: ρσυя ѕσмє ѕυgαя σи мє

Sweet dream, saccharine, loosen up,

You gotta squeeze a little, tease a little.

Z A I R E:

Sykes was busy doing work, Alexei was gone to his friends for the night, and I was bored. Of course I spent most of my time being bored when neither were around because I wouldn't dare snoop around or do anything that I might get into trouble for. That led to me being bored most of the time, and I found myself trailing nervously down to Sykes home office. He'd decided that since today, school was out on holiday, and we were going to the club tonight, he'd work from home in case I needed anything.

Alexei staying with his friend wasn't planned until a boy named Carl decided to ask if he could. Sykes had agreed, merely because it was either stay with a kid that he'd be able to play with or stay with a baby sitter who'd take care of him, but wouldn't play with him. I mean, which one sounds more logical to you? Probably the kid, because it's free.

I poked my head into the room, and watched as he tapped away on the computer, and talking on the phone at a rapid pace. "Hey sweets, can you go over to that file cabinet and find me the file that says NSA Corporations on it?" He phrased it like a question, but I jumped, knowing it was a demand. I went over to the file cabinet and pointed to it. He nodded, and I opened it, digging around.

Man, these are a mess! Nothing is categorized, nor labeled. You have to pull out each individual file and read the name messily scribbled on the front of the file folder. There was no organization, nor was there any semblance of control. You'd think for a man who needed complete organization, control, and domination over someone else they'd be just as neat at work, but apparently that was not the case.

It took some doing, but I found the file. "Good, open it, and read me the seven digit code in the corner of the contract." He said, less like a request and more like a command. The person on the phone was obviously getting more and more frustrated with him.

"5234692." I told him, and he quickly scribbled the number down, and repeated it to the person on the phone. He then typed something into his computer. His face darkened momentarily, and he looked like he was about to start yelling at the poor person on the phone.

"I don't care if your mothers dog had a damn heart attack, I want you to tell me why it is that there is a blank in the documents where the monthly sum of service is supposed to go." Sykes snapped out, and there was a pause for the person to speak on the other end of the phone. "Listen, I would hate to go over your head, but I am either going to get my answers from you, or I'm going to show up there in three hours and fire everyone in the damn building and rebuild, do you understand?" There was a pause and Sykes let out a sigh.

"Let me talk to David, now." he didn't leave room for questions, and then he paused, pressed a button on his headset and turned to me. "Yes, precious?" He asked me, and I bit my lip, my cheeks heating up.

"I wanted to know if I could bake a cake." I asked him hesitantly, and he nodded.

"Sure, you can. Or you can sit in here with me and be my assistant since unfortunately, I had to fire Doreen. She was too clumsy." He said with a sigh. "She ruined my favorite suit with coffee." He explained.

"Ah, well what if I did both?" I asked cheekily. He smiled and kissed my hand.

"Go prepare the cake. Set an alarm on your phone for the amount of time you need to bake the cake, and then come in here and help me. Check your cake once the alarm goes off, then take it out. Let it cool, then go ice it once I'm done. I'd like to use the left over icing for something tonight, so don't throw it away. And use vanilla or creme cheese." He commanded.