12: ¢σитяσℓ

I love the way you look at me,

I feel the pain you place inside.

S Y K E S:

When I got home, Zaire and Alexei were sitting in the floor playing with action men. I couldn't help but smile as they played on, my presence going unnoticed. I had been pretty quiet coming in without even realizing it apparently, because Zaire was sitting there, playing like he was a child also. If he knew I was there, he probably wouldn't be doing that. 

For whatever reason, I found it adorable that he could get down on a kindergarten level with Alexei. It was another one of those things typically I'd despise, but for whatever reason, I found it cute on Zaire.

I found a lot of things I didn't typically like was cute on Zaire. Like his feet, for example. Feet are gross, they smell bad, and look funny, but his feet are so adorable. Maybe it's because I'd never smelled them before? Or maybe it was the way his foot was small, and his toes were perfectly proportioned to his feet? Maybe I'm just becoming a freak? I figured it was probably more likely either A or B, because I've always been a freak.

They continued playing, and I continued watching. I was more amused at watching them play together than I thought I would be. Zaire had the amazing ability to act like he was five or six, just like Alexei. He had the amazing ability to take himself back to a time when he was innocent. He was so sweet, so utterly enchanting. I found myself worried he'd decide that he would rather us go our separate ways when our contract was up.

I'd always been more than glad to tear up a contract when time was up, but the thought of giving up Zaire made my heart clench. I knew that I would no doubt care about Zaire but it'd be this bad.

I looked over the beautiful boy who'd pranced into my life unexpectedly. Zaire's hair was going back to his brown color with just the very tips being blonde. His blue eyes were so crystalline and clear that you could swim in them. The arch of his delicate lips was just noticeable enough to make you realize how kissable his plump lips were. His skin was so smooth, not a single blemish or scar graced his face.

I had seen the scars on his back, they were bold and distinguishable, almost as if whoever had given them to him meant to. I hadn't gotten him to open up about his past, I hadn't tried to pester him about it, but it was eating me alive.

It went against my very nature to simply wait patiently on him to open up. I wanted to sit him down, and make him tell me, but I couldn't do it. If it was anybody else, maybe I could but... this is Zaire I'm talking about here, and frankly the thought of making him even the slightest bit uncomfortable made my whole body seize up. I knew that it was pretty much ridiculous, but when he told me whatever had happened to him, I wanted him to feel as safe as possibly. I knew that it would be hard for him to open up, but I wanted him to feel like he could.

"Crap!" Zaire cried, and I focused on him suddenly, seeing him clutching his chest. "I wasn't expecting you home this soon," He said, sitting down the toy he'd been playing with and stood up from the floor.

"It's already seven forty five. Alexei, you need to go take a shower, okay buddy?" I said, and Alexei pouted.

"I was having fun playing with Zaire!" He whined, and Zaire smiled softly, and bent down on one of his knees, picking up the toy easily.

"I'll be here tomorrow too, Alex. And we'll play then, okay? Go ahead and take a shower, then we'll get you a snack before bed." Zaire said, and Alex pouted, but slowly, he started to smile, and nod.

"Okay! But Uncles Sykes is sharing you tomorrow cause I claim you!" He said excitedly, and ran off down the hallway before Zaire could answer. I looked after him with an amused smile before turning my gaze to Zaire.