33: ρяєтту тιє∂ υρ

Well crack the whip,

'Cause that bitch is just insane.

S Y K E S:

My phone ringing woke me up from a sleep while I held Zaire's small body to me. I shuffled a bit and let out a quiet gasp as pain shot up my side. I didn't bother waiting on the pain to leave before I opened my phone, and grunted. "Hello?"

"Hello Sykes." The voice on the other end of the phone was monotone, almost like a recording. 

"Who is this?" I ask grumpily, not in the mood to be fucked with right now. Whoever this is woke me the fuck up, and I didn't want to deal with anything retarded. 

"I'm your worst nightmare." The person chuckled, and I rolled my eyes. "You have something that belongs to me. I'll get it back, whether you or it likes it or not." I laughed. 

"Steven?" I laugh, and I hear the person chuckle again. 

"Oh hardly." 

"Then who the hell are you?" I demanded. 

Silence, and then: "It probably doesn't remember me. I was never a priority. However, it belongs to me. Soon, all will be revealed." 

And then the dial tone rang in my ear. I slammed the phone down on the table and released a loud groan when pain shot up my side. "MASTER!" Zaire squealed, touching my shoulder. 

"What?" I snapped, and he shrunk back immediately. "I'm sorry, it's not your fault. You're okay, come're good boy," I whispered, and he slowly crawled over to me, and gently pressed himself against me. 

"W-what's the matter?" He asked me hesitantly. 

"Someone just called me claiming I had their property." I said and he blushed. "Yes, you, pet. At least I believe it was you. Because the person never used a name just referred to what I have as it." He bit his lip and shook his head. 

"I have to make a call right quick." He said, and stood up, walking away from me. I stared after him in one, frustration and two, anger. What the hell even is that? He can call someone I can't know about? What the fuck? This ain't gonna fly. Nope, not even for a goddamned minute. 

I stood up and groaned quietly, trying my best to tiptoe down the hall to listen to him. He'd favored going to the kitchen thankfully, so I didn't have far to walk. Once I settled, I held my breath, and listened carefully. 

"Jason I need you to answer the damned phone it's important!" His voice frantically said, and I heard him sit the phone down on the counter. Seconds later, it rang in a loud, alerting tone. I stood straight, listening closer. 

"Jason, it's happening again." He whispered. Silence and then, "I'm positive it's not Steven this time. It was something that he'd do." 

He was silent again, and then "You said you'd protect me if I stood up against the mother-fucker!" He shouted. "I thought he wouldn't be getting out for a life-time or more!" 

I was startled, but I held in my breath, confused. What the hell is he even talking about? 

Typically, I'd respect my Slaves privacy, but this was too strange to ignore. I mean, really? 

"I do not give a fuck!" He cried loudly. "I didn't testify against him for him to be let out in a few years! I thought I'd be safe. I thought I'd be safe from him." 

He was deathly silent as he listened to what the person on the other end of the phone was saying. "I've settled down, now." He said his voice cold, "I'm not going to leave again. Not now, not when I'm happy. If I see him, I'm going to do what I should have done when I had the chance. You better hope that I don't get to him first because there won't be anything left of him to find." He snapped.