44: ℓσνє уσυ тσ ∂єαтн

Those lips smooth, yeah I can feel what you're saying, praying,

They say the beast inside of me's gonna get ya, get ya, get... yeah.  

Z A I R E:

I felt sluggish all morning long from lack of sleep. Sykes had told me to lay back down, to rest while he was out taking care of more business. I don't really know what business he could possibly be taking care of out here because we are so damn far from the city but he apparently couldn't sleep in with me because it was too important. 

But that wasn't what had me up. I trusted my master with my life, I knew that he'd never cheat on me. It wasn't that, it was that for some reason my stomach was twisting in the way that told me something bad was going to happen. 

I hadn't been able to settle myself down yet, and I'd been feeling this way since Sykes had left. At first I thought that it was because it was sketchy as hell that he keeps leaving but now I'm not so sure. I feel like I'm being watched, and when I feel that way, I'm typically right. I've never been wrong yet.

But I couldn't leave. Sykes wasn't back yet, and I don't know the way around town yet. I love it here, the serenity, the utter safety that surrounds it. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else anymore. 

I'd always fantasized about how romantic small town life was, and I was right about it in my case. But, I don't know if it'd be good if I wasn't already with Sykes ahead of time. There isn't any gay guys in this town, and that sucks for Thomas. I feel bad because if he doesn't leave here, he'll never find love. 

At least not any time soon. 

And there is nothing better than being loved like I am. I had never experienced anything quite as amazing as I have recently. 

The phone ringing startled me, and I reached for the hotel phone cautiously. "Hello?" I asked timidly. 

"Hello Zaire." My heart stopped momentarily and I shivered. "It's Jason. Can you talk?" He asked, and I sucked in a breath.

"Y-yes. I'm alone." I said softly, looking around nervously. 

"We have been tracking Jerome for quite some time. He is right behind you. But, I think I have a plan if you want this son of a bitch caught for good." He said and I nodded my head and sucked in a breath. 

"Tell me your idea." I said softly. Jason snorted and I heard some papers ruffling around in the background. 

"I was thinking that if you stay there, and let Jerome find you, lure him out to a place no one will get hurt, and we'll swarm him. He'll be put into a maximum security prison because he escaped, possibly even sentenced to death if he tries to harm you. Would you be willing to do that?" Jase said just as the door to the room clicked, and Sykes opened it. 

"Hey little one, sorry I was out so long... who're you on the phone with?" He asked me and I sighed deeply and looked up at him.

"My supervisor. He has a plan for catching Jerome..." I trailed off hesitantly. 

"What's that?" Sykes asked looking hesitant and nervous all at once.

"Lure him out here, and let them arrest him here." I said, and he looked hesitant. "I know it's dangerous, but... I'm tired of this. I'm tired of having to run from everything. I want my life back, and if I can get it back this way..." I trailed off, looking up at him. 

"I don't like it, but... I understand. Can I be there?" He asked, and I nodded my head. "Then I guess it's okay. But when?"

"When, Jason?" I asked, and he sighed deeply.