36: ι נυѕт ωαииα мαкє ℓσνє тσ уσυ

All I wanna do is make love to you,

I've got lovin' arms to hold on to.

Z A I R E:

Sykes was right, this town is about as rinky dink as it gets. There was one red light, a small diner, a teeny tiny school, and an Inn. There was a tiny sheriffs station, and a shopping center that was by all rights, the size of one department store back home. I didn't see a Welcome sign, but I doubted that they got many visitors anyway. 

"I'm starved. Lets stop off and get food here before we book a room a the Inn." Sykes commented, and I smiled and nodded. My hand went up to play with the necklace around my neck, the one he'd bought me and told me was my collar. 

True to the nature of me, I took better care of the necklace that he gave me as a collar than I took care of even myself. It made me feel so special to know that he wanted to always have his claim on me. 

There was a few cars in the parking lot of the small diner, and I was halfway worried there wouldn't be any seats, but we got out and went in, seeing a group of teens gathered around a table, a few police officers, and an elderly couple in the far off corner who were just sitting together. 

I smiled at them, and they smiled back kindly. "Welcome to Rhondas, and apparently to our little town too." An overweight, kind looking woman said, and sat two menus down on the table we'd sat at. The woman was a red-head, with a tiny bit of grey entering slowly, her green eyes had smile lines at the corners, and she had a sweet, mother-like nature to her. 

"Hello!" I piped up kindly, looking down at them menu. I knew I wouldn't order for myself, but it still is cool to look and see what they have. 

"Hello as well," Sykes said kindly, smiling at her, and nodding. "Thank you for the welcome." He said and she smiled. 

"It's nice to see some new, young faces 'round here." She sighed, pulling out her notepad and simed. 

"Oh you flatter me," Sykes drawled, running his fingers through his dark hair. "I'm nearly forty, and I look the part. He's the younger of us." He said, pointing to me. I blushed and bit my lip, nodding a bit. 

"I'm twenty-three." I admitted shyly. 

"Well, no matter ages, the new faces is refreshing. It's nice to see someone still visits our little town." She said, a kind smile on her face. 

"To be honest," I admitted shyly, "We came across this place completely accidentally. We had been driving all day, and were exhausted." I said, and she nodded understandingly. 

"We are awfully small ain't we? Aren't even on a map, no sir ee." She said exasperated. "Half the town is in this room right here." 

"It seems like a peaceful place," Sykes noted, and she nodded. 

"Are y'all just passin by?" She asked, and I nodded. 

"We are on our way to Canada," I said and she nodded. 

"Its a might long distance from here to there ain't it?" She said and I nodded my head. 

"We're going the long way. We were originally in Maine, we could've went over the lake, but I prefer to drive the long way." I said softly. 

She nodded. "Well if y'all are ever looking to move out to a quiet little town, we've got a rather large home out Johnson Boulevard. It's a nice place too." She said, and I nodded. 

"Sounds interesting," I admitted, and Sykes nodded. "We're from the city, so small town life has always seemed... romantic to me." I giggled and Sykes rolled his eyes.