15-Klaus

Joe looks at me with concern. I wave it away and start for the door.

I say, "I need to go get my cousin from the back."

Joe says, "Give me a minute so I can get Jon."

I nod and he leaves. Five minutes later, Jon and Joe open the door and we head to the back entrance of the arena. I take Joe's hand and Jon's. I am really scared of how Klaus is going to react.

I don't realize that I am squeezing their hands until Jon says, "Geez woman, You're crushing my fingers."

I let go of both their hands and say, "Sorry."

I see Klaus standing there looking worried.

I call out, "Nik!"

He looks at me and I smile. He smiles and I run to him and he picks me up and spins me around. I haven't seen him since he left for London. That was 3 years ago.

Nik says, "Look at you. You've grown into a beautiful woman."

I say, "Why thank you kindly sir."

He laughs and asks, "How are you, love?"

I say, "I am great. Doing the thing I love most and having my family see me succeed."

Nik replies, "I've watched you since you debuted. You're kicking ass sweetheart?"

I say, "It's so much fun Nik."

He looks behind me and I turn and see Joe and Jon standing there. I smile and go to Joe and take his hand. I stop as we're in front of Klaus.

I say, "Niklaus this is Joe Anoa'i."

They shake hands and I can see Nik judging him and scrutinizing.

I take a deep breath and say, "He's also my fiancé."

Nik's head whips towards me and I jump slightly.

Klaus asks, "What?"

I say, "He's my fiancé, Niklaus."

Nik ask, "How long did you date?"

Joe says, "We dated before she got signed so it's been about several months now."

Nik asks, "So you're just going to marry some roided up wrestler that you've dated several months?"

I say, "Excuse me! That's all natural muscle. Not from drugs. You should know how that works. I love him Niklaus."

He say,"You are not marrying this man."

I say, "I am marrying him Klaus. You can't stop me. You're not my father."

Nik says, "But I am your family. I do not approve of you getting engaged to a man whom you've only been dating a couple months."

I feel tears in my eyes and say, "I love Joe Anoa'i. You can't tell me that it is not true of what I feel."

Niklaus yells, "You don't know what love is! For heaven's sake, your last boyfriend nearly raped you!"

I say, "Eric was a mistake! A mistake I learned from Nik! Joe isn't like Eric. He loves me for me."

Niklaus says, "Your dad told me Eric nearly raped and killed you."

I reply, "Yes but he didn't because of Joe!"

Klaus says, "I see now. It's just an infatuation that you have."

Joe says, "I think you need to watch what you say."

I say, "I love Joe. When I left for Maui because of Eric, Joe brought me back."

Klaus says, "I guess my cousin is a little bit of a hussy."

I gasp and Joe steps forward but I push him back.

I exclaim, "I am not a hussy you bloody wanker!"

He say,"You dress like one."

I slap him hard and he falls to the ground. I turn and walk away fast. Jon tries to stop me but I break away and run. I run to my locker room and lock the door. Every memory of Eric comes back and I play Everybody's Fool by Evanescence. I sit and rock back and forth keeping the tears in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow.