23- What the Hell Nicole

I hear John talking to the cops. Joe, Jon, and Trinity are sitting at the foot and to the side of the bed. I close my eyes and see Eric. No! He has a knife. He's smiling and coming towards me. I get up and run away but he just seems to get closer each step I take. I scream at him to leave me alone. I feel the ground shaking and my eyes flash open as I sit up with a gasp. I look up and see Joe staring at me with concern. I hug him to me tightly and he does the same. Feeling those familiar strong arms wrap around me and I breathe in his scent. I pull back enough to look in his eyes. There's a knock on the door and we look in the direction of the door. John comes in and he gets on the bed next to me.

He pulls me to him and says, "I am so sorry."

I says,"I am ok."

He says, "Because of me you were almost dead."

I says,"I am not that easy to get rid of."

John pulls away and looks me over. He winces slightly as I do when he touches my cheek. I see Brie come in. She rushes over to me and I smile. I see her look me over. Everyone turns as the door opens and Brie is gone and in front of Nikki in a flash. All you hear is a loud slap because Brie just slapped Nikki.

Brie exclaims, "What the hell Nicole!!!"

Nikki says, "I did it because she was going after John."

Brie says, "You're delusional Nicole. She's engaged to Joe. She's very happy with Joe. Rosalie's marrying JOE! You let your jealousy take over and you went too far. You need help."

Nikki says, "I don't need help."

Brie shoots, "You just nearly beat one of your coworkers to unconsciousness and maybe even death. Rosalie has been nothing but nice to you Nicole."

I get out of bed and walk shakily to Brie's side. I grip her shoulder and look up at Nikki. A cop comes in asking who was attacked and everyone looked at me and the cop asked if I wanted to press charges. I look at Nicole and look down as I think.

I look up after a minute as I say, "No."

Everyone is surprised. The cop asks me if I am sure.

I says,"I believe everyone deserves a second chance unless they have blown that one as well. I will not press charges against Nicole Bella."

The cop nods and leaves. Nikki seems surprised.

I slowly walk over to her and stand in front of her.

I says,"I believe that you are a good person Nicole. I'm giving you a second chance. Don't blow it girly. I understand why you thought I was after John. But he's like my brother and I love him like a brother. Nothing more. Joe is the love of my life and it will never change."

I look at John and say, "Don't give up on her ya idgit. She is a good person. She just made a mistake."

I look down and say, "Like I did with Eric."

I slowly make my way to the door and hear Jon come beside me. He gets down in front of me and I get on his back as he carries me downstairs. I tell him to go to the living room and he takes me in there. I let go and drop onto the couch. I grab the remote and put The Vampire Diaries on. I watch as Stephen Amell does parkour and fights Ian Somerhalder. I watch the next episode and Trinity and Joe come down. Joe goes into the kitchen and Trinity comes and sits next to me. I lay my head on her shoulder.

She says, "I think you just helped save their relationship. John was going to dump her but you just helped her."

I says,"I know. John is like a brother to me. That's what we share is a family relationship. Joe was the one I was supposed to find. Not Eric."

Trin strokes my hair and say,"You can't change the past. It's in the past."

I smile and say, "Thank you Rafiki."

Trin laughs and Joe comes out of the kitchen and I sit up with a groan as my head spins slightly. Joe hands me a sandwich and a water bottle. I smile at him and he smiles back. Joe goes and puts in the newest version of Footloose. I smile and I feel my strength slowly come back. I watch the movie and lay across Trinity and Joe. Jon soon climbs under me onto the couch so I laying across them all. Joe strokes my hair and I smile as I slowly feel sleep come over me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. Rosalie didn't press charges. Well hopefully Nikki becomes friends with Rosalie.