Chapter 32- Fail And You Die

Inspirational quote: Whatever you decide to do in life, just make sure that it makes you happy.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Lauriel had heard what Agent Astera had said however not completely, so what she did was to turn around and look at her, with a baffled expression on her face.

"What did you just say, Astera?" Lauriel had asked her confusingly.

Astera just turned red, before murmuring something that Lauriel couldn't quite understand.

"I said good luck in the test, Lauriel," she lied. "You'll need it. It's  really easy. Don't worry."

Astera winked at her straight afterwards, which was when Lauriel started to feel a little queasy.

I mean, Lauriel thought to herself, biting her lip until blood came out. Hopefully Agent Astera couldn't read her mind like her husband could. She couldn't, which made Lauriel rather relieved.

How the hell am I supposed to know if she's lying? She may say the first test is "easy", but what if it's the most dangerous test in the world?

Thoughts like this kept on filling Lauriel's mind for a while, until the girl became so fed up that she wanted to leave.

Forgetting the rule about leaving, as so stated by Dr Kozak way too many times -"leave and you die, Lauriel"- Lauriel turned back, facing Astera.

"I mean..." Lauriel trailed off dramatically, staring at the silver metallic long box that was opposite her, presumably the 'test', "I'm not convinced the test is easy..."

Agent Astera rolled her eyes in disbelief before escorting Lauriel properly back into the test room.

"Lauriel. It will be fine. Honestly." Lauriel didn't even finish listening to what agent Astera had said before she walked away, and was pulled back again by agent Astera angrily because she didn't like it when people had cut her off intentionally before she had finished saying something.

"Just read this poem."

Saying that, Astera stepped out of the way to reveal a poem that Lauriel didn't even know was there before.

As slowly as she could (so that she didn't have to do the test on time), Lauriel read it, the thought of the test becoming even more frightening every second.

Life is the best.
A gift one should cherish.
But if you don't ace this test,
Then you shall likewise perish.

How are you going to stay alive,
Doing the strangest test in the nation?
Are you going to survive,
In this life or death situation?

This test is worth trying,
Although it is spiteful, so conceited.
But will you end up dying?
Or feeling helplessly defeated?

Don't worry, these insects don't bite.
The only major trick is to feed it.
You're probably now filled with fright,
Although  good luck - you'll really need it.

Lauriel gulped really hard as she finished reading the poem. It took her two minutes deliberately, and by the time she was done reading it, it was about quarter past four pm.