Chapter 36- The Perilous Obstacle Course Test

Inspirational quote: If someone says that they love you, and you don't feel the same way, just say I love YouTube really fast.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Agent Astera had said something to Lauriel before Lauriel had had the chance to text something back to Dr Kozak.

"Okay. That's it. You need to start this test ASAP, Lauriel. Look. It's five o'clock now, you were supposed to start the perilous obstacle course test at four." She commanded, almost deliberately spitting on her as well.

But what was the point though? The girls in there only had one minute left, and majority of them couldn't even make it past section seven.

"Wouldn't it be more convenient for both of us if I had just started the test with the next fifty set of girls?" Lauriel realised.

"Except you can't!" Astera shouted at her. "All the tests finish at five. You and Anastasia are the only girls left that still need to take the test."

Lauriel didn't reply. She was just looking blankly at the perilous obstacle course that lay ahead of her, wondering whether Dr Kozak was just trying to bring her down by saying that there was no way she was going to survive if she took the test while sick.

It then came back to her that Agent Astera had said something about all tests finishing at five, so Lauriel thought it would be stupid of her to not comment on that.

"Hang on a second? Exactly how many tests are there?" Lauriel wanted to know, as Agent Astera was casually taking her down to the first section.

"Oh. Seventy one." Astera replied, leaving a dramatic pause at the end of her sentence.

Silence.

"...Thousand two hundred and sixty three."

What?!

"There are more tests than there are rooms," Lauriel noticed. "How is that even possible please?"

"Occasionally we fit two tests into one room. Although no more than that. The rooms aren't big enough to fit more than two tests. For example, this room has two tests. And if you look opposite you," Astera turned Lauriel's body around so that she was facing the room opposite her, on her right.

"You will see a test taking place."

Lauriel remained silent as she was watching the test. And unlike her one, this test was only for boys.

They had split the test up into ages and genders, Lauriel still didn't know why, and in the test she was looking at, there was a short and presumably eleven year old kid dangling from a rope.

How effortless? Lauriel wanted to complain. That's not fair. Why do they get such a simple test whilst the girls here practically have to suffer?

Lauriel had overused the word effortless.
By far.

She then came to notice that the test was known as the Leap Of Faith, and what the boys had to do was basically leap from a rope upside down and land safely on the ground.

The worst was yet to come.

Soon after, the rope caught on fire, as well as the water underneath it too.

How anyone had excepted those boys to survive in there, Lauriel didn't really know.

The boy was screaming for help, frantically. His clothes were caught on fire. Unfortunately, he accidentally on purpose let go of the rope, making him fall into more fire.