Chapter 69- Why, Kozak, Why?

Inspirational quote: When people hate on you, don't feel bad! It's because you've got something that they want and they're probably jealous of you.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Security lockdown mode deactivated."

As soon as Dr Kozak and Kieran had heard that, Dr Kozak had sighed with relief despite the fact the Kieran was just downright confused.

"Security lockdown mode deactivated?" Kieran repeated via the computer. "What the hell does that mean?"

Dr Kozak sighed as he span his chair back to face Kieran again via the computer.

"Kieran, you know you ask me some very stupid questions sometimes. It means security lockdown mode deactivated," Dr Kozak replied unhelpfully.

"It also means that we don't have to rhyme anymore! Thank god that that's over!"

Kieran didn't say anything because Dr Kozak's computer had pretty much done all of the talking for him.

"Actually Dr Kozak and Kieran," Sarica had told them. "There's something that I need to tell you guys."

No one said anything.

"Suckers! You didn't really have to rhyme to survive! Yeah, there was a trespasser trying to get into the headquarters, but I just did all of rhyming to survive thing to set you guys up. But nevertheless great rhyming! You and Kieran don't die, well done."

Dr Kozak's face fell as he became annoyed immediately.

"We didn't have to rhyme to survive then!" Dr Kozak echoed for everyone to hear.

"No, this was all a scheme. You didn't have have to anything to survive. You can't die in Security Lockdown Mode anyway. It's kinda against the rules to do so. Keep up."

Dr Kozak swore at his computer who just told him that killing mode was activated, putting another laser beam towards Dr Kozak's direction making him swear once again.

Sarica laughed even though nothing from Dr Kozak's point of view was funny but he didn't say anything as he turned back to Kieran again.

"Anyway, Kieran. What's up? What's the problem?"

"What's the problem?!" He argued back. "Didn't I just explain everything to you through a godforsaken rhyme?!"

Dr Kozak just blinked at him once in return.

"Wait. Sorry. That sentence came out of my mouth wrong. I meant, I know the problem. But what events led to the problem, making you think you killed Esperanza?"

Kieran sighed.

"There's a barbed wired fence just opposite DIE ANNA INCORPORATED. Esperanza told me to give her a leg up, so I did, and well, she fell off of the fence accidentally, landing on the floor. And as if that wasn't punishment enough, I did the same thing but gave myself a leg up- way easier said than done- and I kind of came landing on top of her. She's not breathing. I've tried everything. So yeah, Esperanza might be dead. I'm sorry."

Dr Kozak didn't say or do anything, just kind of frowned, then jabbed a pencil through his skin, then looked back at Kieran and put his middle finger up at him in annoyance.