Chapter 65- "You're Jealous, Kieran"

Inspirational quote: Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Dr Kozak did take it the wrong way.
In fact, he took the whole of their private conversation the wrong way.

Despite the fact that Kieran told Dr Kozak to not get mad, Dr Kozak still went ahead and got mad anyway.

"How the hell do you know what Esperanza and I said about you?"

Kieran didn't reply, until Dr Kozak sort of did all the indispensable talking for him.

"Let me guess," he told Kieran angrily, folding his arms. "You were eavesdropping again?"

Kieran's eyes widened as he shook his head.
"Uh. No. Not necessarily."

"What do you mean, not necessarily?!" Dr Kozak howled at him.  "You were eavesdropping! Kieran, I'm starting to trust you less and less now, honestly. Never thought I'd have to be mad at you four times in one day - less than three hours even."

"Dr Kozak. In all seriousness, I did not eavesdrop. I wasn't supposed to."

Dr Kozak had had enough by now completely. Was he insane for always shouting at people?

"Okay, Well is there some other reason on why you decided to listen to me and Esperanza's conversation even though it didn't even concern you? Because I seriously can't think of any valid reasons right now!"

Kieran fell silent, embarrassed.

"You know, turning red doesn't help either me or you right now!" Dr Kozak snapped, looking at Kieran.

"Okay okay! There's a genuine explanation on why I listened to you and Esperanza's conversation."

"Which is?!" Dr Kozak replied back, almost considering bringing out his gun and shooting Kieran.

For like the fifth time in ten minutes.

"I was about to go into my room anyway to get something but then I kind of realised that you locked it, and I heard my name, so I was just there thinking 'okay, so Dr Kozak and Esperanza are definitely talking about me'  so I had to listen to what you said. I'm really sorry. I mean it."

Dr Kozak dropped his phone which Agent Ezekiel gave him as a reward for their 'best friendship', seriously frowning at Kieran.

"So you were eavesdropping," he told Kieran, although much more calmer this time round. "Plus what did you even hear us say about you?"

Kieran couldn't take this anymore. He was annoyed on the inside.

"Say about me? More of badmouth about  me, Dr Kozak. And yes, I did eavesdrop. Sort of. But I wasn't really meant to, I just couldn't resist. I heard a lot of stuff you two said, sorry, badmouth, about me, sir."

Dr Kozak rolled his eyes as he picked up his phone from the floor, cursing in French this time round, and not Swahili, before turning to face Kieran again.

"Like...?" He trailed of dramatically.

Almost everything? Kieran wanted to say. He genuinely had heard almost everything that they had said about him, even though he walked away for a while, he came back again much much later.