Chapter 37- Oh No, They Didn't

Inspirational quote: No beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Lauriel was extremely petrified of and traumatised by Section One before she had even gone in there.

She was working with Anastasia, however unlike Anastasia, Lauriel was not halfway inside.

"Well, what are you waiting for then?" Astera snapped at her. She was holding a clipboard and was currently jotting notes down, a bit frustrated because Lauriel still hadn't started the test.

Lauriel didn't respond.

"You've got nine minutes and twenty seven seconds. You've really got to go in there. See, your 'partner' Anastasia is already at the beginning of the second section."

Lauriel took a deep breath. It was now or never, so she went in. Although as she was in there, she genuinely couldn't stop thinking about what she actually had to do at this section.

Section 1: Crawl in a box through life threatening tarantulas.

That didn't seem too unpleasant, did it? Plus Lauriel was already halfway inside and no tarantulas were trying to kill her yet.

Boy, did that not last for a long time.

Unexpectedly, Lauriel felt something crawling up her back. She was convinced it was something miniature , although she wasn't so sure about it.

She then turned around slowly, and realising it was a tarantula, she screamed.

"Aaaaaaaah!"

More of them came tumbling down on her straight afterwards. It probably would have been better had Lauriel not looked up at all.

Tarantulas were infesting her at the moment. Name one place, arms, legs, hair, there was no part of Lauriel's body that did not contain any tarantulas.

She tried removing them from her eyes, although that was easier said than done. She took a deep breath, inhaling and exhaling, realising that there was only one true way to do this.

Move slowly.

S l o w l y...

Despacito...

Nearly there... Lauriel thought to herself; and while she was at it, she then came to realise that Anastasia was already on the fifth section in with seven minutes remaining.

She got out of section one with six and a half minutes remaining, realising again that Anastasia was still on the same section.

Section two wasn't so bad.
Neither was section three.
Or four.

The worst sections were section five onwards.

Section 5: Very ferocious chickens are going to try their best to attack you. Your aim is to not let them do that, young delinquent, one touch from a chicken and you die, loser.

Section 5 had accidentally been swapped with Section 4 instead because section five was really supposed to be the one with the ants but Lauriel had just conquered that.

Anastasia was at that section, and she was just about to finish, claiming that she would wait for Lauriel. But before that happened, Anastasia had to admit, she was a bit startled to see her.