Chapter 22- Vanessa On Kieran's Nerves

Inspirational quote: You will never realise how strong you are, until being strong is the only option you have.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Vanessa was seriously winding Kieran up at the moment.

"Why shouldn't I ignore you?" He bellowed. "After everything you've done to me? I thought you hated me."

"I never said that. Can you please stop putting words into my mouth that I never said?" Vanessa argued.

"Well. Yeah, I thought you were mad at me," Kieran pointed out, wanting to go away until Vanessa abruptly pulled him back.

"Yeah. You said it yourself. I was mad at you. It's past tense now. But I'm not anymore."

Kieran honestly didn't want to talk to her. Despite him used to having a massive crush on her, and still kind of having one today, Kieran genuinely hated Vanessa.

Kieran rolled his eyes, as Vanessa pulled him back again once he tried to escape.

"What do you want, Vanessa?" Kieran barked, frightening the life out of everyone.

"Kieran, please. Just listen. I'd like to get back together."

After twenty minutes? Well then... Kieran didn't know he was someone worth getting back together with, let alone that quickly.

Kieran didn't reply for a while.
After a minute or two, he finally knew what to say.

The reason on why Kieran took so long to respond was because he went into retrospect and kept on thinking about past times.

Past times as in, when he was deeply in love with Vanessa, before they talked properly, before he found out her name.

Kieran remembered everything, two years ago. That was right, he had been liking Vanessa for two years, but hadn't talked to her until now.

He had only found out her name two weeks ago as well, despite fancying her for about, over 700 days.

He was hanging out near the lockers with Clyde, at least when they were friends anyway.

•flashback•

Clyde was putting his maths books away, as they were talking about a recent test they had just done, when suddenly, mainly by accident, Kieran saw a beautiful girl walking down the hallway.

"Cute girl alert," Kieran whispered to Clyde, frantically tapping him. This was two years ago, and Kieran's voice was still high pitched compared to now where it was the complete opposite.

He didn't wear glasses either, but obviously, throughout the years Kieran's vision grew worse every day due to him always having his eyes really close to some sort of screen, if not then mainly TV screen.

"Clyde. I repeat. Cute girl alert."

Annoyingly, Clyde looked up, as she walked across the hallway, Kieran still watching her, but then he dropped his books.

"She's really pretty," Kieran added dreamily, still looking at Vanessa. "I'm going to ask her if I can marry her."

Kieran took one pace forward before Clyde pulled him backwards, play slapping him.