Chapter 108- The Real Truth Behind Arista

Inspirational quote: Decide. Commit. Succeed.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Dr Kozak, Kieran and Esperanza were all hugging each other for a long long time, the hugging stopping when there was some sort of sniffing sound going on in the background from Dr Kozak.

"Thanks again, you guys....." He whispered, still smiling at them. "I'm sorry for underestimating you. I'll never do that ever again."

Esperanza just smiled and Kieran just shrugged in return, neither of them really saying anything.

Kieran then decided to say something again when he remembered what Dr Kozak had said about his daughter 'not entirely being a human being'.

Kieran: Doctor Kozak?

Dr Kozak: *is talking to Esperanza about something but then stops talking to her once Kieran has said this* Yeah?

Kieran: Can I ask you something?

Both Esperanza and Dr Kozak were seriously looking at him now, wondering what Kieran was going to ask the doctor.

Dr Kozak: Uhm. Okay. Sure. What is it?

Kieran: You know when you said that Arista wasn't human?

Esperanza: *agrees with Kieran, both of them are intently staring at Dr Kozak at exactly the same time* Oh yeah I remember that.

Dr Kozak: *sighs in frustration, says this under his breath* Yes, what about it?

Esperanza: I'll answer. I remember everything. You said that you'd explain later why Arista wasn't human and you still haven't explained it.

Dr Kozak: Okay, well, what do you and Kieran want to know?

Kieran: If Arista wasn't  human then what was she?

Esperanza: Yeah before you and Ezekiel simultaneously killed her.

Dr Kozak didn't reply.

Straight away, anyway.

Dr Kozak: *says this so quietly that no one can hear him* She was, uhm, a robot.

Kieran and Esperanza: What?

Dr Kozak: I said she's a robot, Kieran and Esperanza. Was, anyway.

Kieran: Why though? Why wasn't she a real human being?

Dr Kozak: *can't really find the right words to say, is helplessly leaving his sentences half unfinished* It's a very, uhm... Tragic.... Story that Astera and I don't really like sharing with people.

Esperanza: But Astera's dead. You killed her, remember?

Dr Kozak: I know. But still. Rules are rules, Esperanza.

Kieran: But you promised us that you'd tell us later on why Arista wasn't human. If we reminded you.

Esperanza: And we've reminded you so spill the beans sir.