Chapter 16- New Girl, Lauriel

Inspirational quote: Do what makes you happy, be with those that make you smile, laugh as much as you can breathe and love as long as you live.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Explain why you've decided to bring me here?" Kieran whispered, when they had finally ended up at the ice hockey rink.

"Kieran. I don't know how to say this. But there's something I'd like to say to you." Kendrick stuttered.

Kieran didn't reply. He just let Kendrick do all of the talking. And what he said next kind of made Kieran change the way he saw Kendrick forever.

He was completely wrong about him.

"I'm really sorry Kieran. For everything. I'm really sorry for bullying you after all these years. As you know, Justin and I have fallen out. And now is my chance to make it up to you. I really like you as a person. You're awesome. The only reason I've been so rude to you in the past is because Justin coerced me to. Plus truth be told, I was jealous. I like you as a person more than I like Justin. Also, I really don't like Justin at all."

Kieran was utterly speechless.

It was like one of those movies when the bully admitted to the person they bullied that they had liked them all along, but then everything was a trick. Kieran wasn't convinced.

"Why were you jealous?" He pleaded.
Kendrick couldn't stop talking. He babbled on and on answering Kieran's question, until Kieran became so surprised that he almost couldn't help but .... Smile.

"So many reasons," Kendrick began. "You've got the most amazing handwriting. And you're epic at art!  You're the smartest kid here that's in year ten, if not then the smartest boy. You've got an amazing personality, any girl would be lucky to have you. Girls hate me."

Kieran wondered why?

He smiled, but still wasn't a hundred percent sure on whether this whole thing was a trick or not.

"Anyway..." Kendrick placed both of his hands on Kieran's shoulders and then gave him a somewhat hypnotising stare. "I'd like to forget the past, and move on with our lives. Can we please be friends, Kieran?"

Was this a trick? It could have been likely. Kieran wasn't a hundred percent sure, plus Kendrick was never this nice to him.

They could hardly even tolerate each other, let alone speak to each other without insulting each other.

Kieran hated making eye contact with someone for too long, so what he did was to look away from Kendrick's face and at the floor instead, Kendrick letting go of reading on the door.

"I'm not sure, Kendrick. Is this a set up? Is Justin behind all this?"

"No, Kieran. Honestly. I mean everything I say," Kendrick admitted truthfully. "Please?"

He might as well just have said yes. Clyde wasn't his friend anymore, and they probably never were going to be friends anymore, so as a result, he didn't really have anyone anymore except himself.

Kieran didn't respond. He used his stock answer, if that counted as anything.

"Uhm....."

"Please. I'll do anything," Kendrick demanded. "Without Justin I have no one. No other friends that don't pay me to be rude to people, that is. That's also the reason we had that argument. Please Kieran. You're my only hope."