Chapter 3- Kieran Outraged

Inspirational quote: Don't let the haters stop you from doing your thaaang!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Was it humanly possible or mainstream for Kieran to have been petrified of the ice hockey rink and the people there before the game had even begun?

As Kieran went in, he felt a heavy weight on his shoulders as people kept on looking at him intently, and sniggering at him behind his back.

He was going to turn back, and he did, he couldn't face his fears.
He really couldn't do this anymore.

Heading outside of the ice hockey rink, Kieran pushed the door when it said pull, and once he finally realised his mistake, he went outside.

Frantically looking for Clyde everywhere, he soon became livid once he figured out that Clyde had gone without him, breaking the promise, breaking the promise about him being there whenever Kieran needed him.

He was clearly wrong! Kieran thought angrily, sitting down on the chairs in front of the rink.

He wanted to go back inside again, trying to ignore what it was that people thought about him, but didn't, although what had happened next had completely changed his mind.

Out of nowhere, like in television or cartoons, his conscience angel and devil came up to the scene, the angel on his right shoulder whilst the devil was on his left.

"Kieran. Kieran, listen: it doesn't matter what they think about you. You're amazing. Don't let anyone say otherwise."

Kieran wasn't so sure about that. So as a result of that, he shrugged his shoulders in disbelief, before rolling his eyes again.

"Don't listen to that angel! He's wrong, Kieran. Wrong. You're useless, like you've always said you were, right? You've always been useless, and that will never change."

Kieran agreed, but didn't say anything because he knew that people would think he was weird if they caught him talking to himself.

"Kieran. Ignore the devil. He's only there to bring you down. God made you a special person, and like I said. Don't let anyone say otherwise. You're beautiful. You're talented. You're amazing. The trouble is, you compare yourself to others too much, and this changes everything."

"Kieran, you're stupid."

"Kieran..."

"Kieran, you can't do anything right. You might as well just give up!"

"No! Don't you know about the sanctity of life? That only God can give and take away life. Don't hurt yourself because of what the devil says."

Kieran was fed up now. He made up his final decision.

"I'm sorry, devil but the angel is right. I must face my fears someday. It's either now or never."

And with that, both of his consciences went away like magic, as Kieran triumphantly headed inside again.

Problem was, Kieran couldn't ice skate. So why he was trying out for ice hockey, nobody knew why.

He had been ice skating before, seven times, actually, however failed all of the time.

He wanted to turn back for the second time but couldn't, as he was heading for the door, the ice hockey coach came towards the door before him, blowing his whistle in front of Kieran's face.