Chapter 57- "Hidden" Secrets

Inspirational quote: Chin up, prince or princess. Otherwise the crown or tiara slips.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Anastasia was really annoyed. Why was Dr Kozak being so nice to her? Why wasn't he being very mean to her?

"Honestly Dr Kozak! Just point your gun trigger at me, and shoot me! I know you want to!"

Dr Kozak just looked at his gun in admiration before putting it back in his lab coat again.

"Esperanza. Are you crazy? Of course I'm not going to kill you. I would never kill you, you're too nice. And your pessimistic attitude is starting to really annoy me. You're never this negative about yourself. There must be some sort of reason behind all of this, isn't there?"

Esperanza didn't say anything, just thought something, not knowing that Dr Kozak could read her mind.

Well, she did know. She just forgot.

"There is a particular reason for your negativity, isn't there?" He wondered curiously.

Esperanza sighed, and nodded her head steadily.

"Well, would you like to tell me?" Dr Kozak asked her nicely.

Esperanza shook her head, and murmured something which was so tranquil that anyone could have heard a pin drop.

"I don't think that you'll be able to handle the situation in a very beneficial manner, Dr Kozak," she said to him, even though Dr Kozak had absolutely no clue on what that had actually meant.

Dr Kozak just blinked at her, asking her to rephrase what she meant, in English.

"I meant, I don't want to tell you in case you wouldn't understand," she rephrased, looking away from him.

Dr Kozak sighed, and placed his hand on his face in boredom.

"Come on, Esperanza. It's like you don't trust me anymore. What is the problem?"

Esperanza sighed as well, not removing her eyes from her fingers. Unexpectedly, she then brought out her phone from her bag before commanding Dr Kozak to do something.

"My mother sent me a really devastating text when we were all sleeping a few hours ago," she explained, giving her phone to Dr Kozak. "Read it."

Dr Kozak just stared at her phone, then looked at her with an emotionless expression on his face.

"What? You want me to read you and Lauriel's text conversation?" He asked her, raising an eyebrow at her.

Esperanza had an unbalanced expression on her face, then realised that before she had locked her phone, she had been reading her and Lauriel's text conversation.

Esperanza was going to text Lauriel more but then she realised that she was dead. Her death had hit her hard, she and Lauriel were actually pretty close when they were still alive, so Esperanza was probably going to forget that the poor girl was dead anyway.

Sadly.

"Huh? What. No. Sorry, get off that text conversation and click on the second one."

So Dr Kozak did just that. He read what Esperanza's mother had sent her twice in his head, gasping at the end of it all because it was way too tragic.