Chapter 31- "You Wasted Our Hologram Credits Just To Say Hi?!"

Inspirational quote: People who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are usually the ones who do. Be like them.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Four o'clock came way faster than Lauriel originally wanted it to.

Soon after, Doctor Kozak took out his earphones, informing both Astera and Lauriel that Lauriel needed to take her first test as soon as possible.

"Astera. It's four pm. Take Lauriel to her first test, where hopefully she doesn't die."

What's that supposed to mean? Lauriel couldn't help but wonder, staring blankly at Dr Kozak.

Dr Kozak didn't reply, just gave Lauriel a look that probably read, remember what I said, so what Lauriel did was to stand there, thinking about the past, thinking about what Dr Kozak had said to her.

Word for word.

"This is a life or death situation, Lauriel. If you don't do well in any of the three tests, you could die."

Lauriel had to ace these three tests. She didn't care how challenging or difficult they were, she knew she had to do well in all of them.

It took courage as well as bravery to do a test where  if one failed, then they died.

Lauriel was not going to back down and die before her time, ever.

Nope.
No way.
No chance.

"Are you coming or what?" Agent Astera snapped at her, glaring at her. "It's four o'clock."

Lauriel snapped out of her daydream almost immediately, looking mainly at Dr Kozak, who looked at her then at Astera, whilst Astera was looking at Lauriel.

"Go on then," he urged, shooing both of them away. "Lauriel, you're running late."

Agent Astera and Lauriel walked out of  the room, but then Agent Astera came back again, without Lauriel.

She was waiting outside in the meantime.

"You're back already?" Dr Kozak said, looking at her in bewilderment.

"We didn't even go." Agent Astera corrected him. "I can't seem to remember what room the test is taking place in? Please remind me."

Dr Kozak rolled his eyes as he put everything away, staring downwards at his watch which seemed to tell more than just the time on it.

He fiddled around with a few things on his watch, Agent Astera still watching him, Lauriel still waiting annoyingly outside, before he looked up at his wife.

"You stalling, Astera? And Room Seventeen," Dr Kozak told her once he had finished fiddling with his watch. "Oh and Lauriel, you know you get marked down if you're really late." He shouted across the hallway to her.

The sound of Doctor Kozak's voice echoed around the room and went around in Lauriel's ear like a vibrating xylophone to annoy her.