Chapter 66- Secrets About Kozak

Inspirational quote: Quitters never win and winners never quit. So never quit! Please.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Dr Kozak had opened the car door once and for all, leaving Kieran near the cold.

"What?" Kieran snapped, looking back at him, absolutely mortified. "You're shooing me away?"

"I'm not 'shooing' you away, you kind of have to go away anyway, and Kieran, you're making yourself late, and I can sense that Esperanza is starting to get ticked off."

Kieran just stared at him, Dr Kozak checking his phone for any notifications, then realising that Dr Kozak was being stared at cholerically by Kieran, he looked up and sort of frowned at Kieran.

"What do you want kid?" He said, sounding quite angry at Kieran all of a sudden.

"I want to finish off our private conversation," Kieran told him, sulking, making Kozak roll his eyes at him.

"Kieran, what part of we're running late don't you understand? Can't we finish it later?"

"No!" Kieran snapped back. "I'll forget much much later, Dr Kozak."

Dr Kozak sighed as he told Kieran to close the door, looking shamefully at him.

"Okay fine. Five minutes though."

"Seven!" Kieran bickered back to Dr Kozak.

Dr Kozak just scanned Kieran's eyes up and down in absolute perplexity.

"Why seven?" He wanted to know. Kind of a random number, wasn't it? Seven.

"I don't know. It was the first number that popped up in my head between one and ten that wasn't five."

Dr Kozak cursed in Spanish to himself as he set a timer on his phone to seven minutes.

"Fine. Seven minutes. Shut the door properly, Kieran."

So Kieran did just that, and there was silence between them for a while as Dr Kozak cursed in German again in downright aggravation.

"Kieran, I have a question for you, and I think it's really indispensable that I say it right now," Dr Kozak began, realising how dirty his car screen was, therefore using the window wipers to clean it.

"Okay, what is it?"

Dr Kozak didn't say anything for a while, as he stopped using the window wipers in indignation.

"Why do you care so much about the way I treat you?"

Kieran sighed before saying anything else. He was about to say something but stopped once a car opposite them was blaring out Bruno Mars' song 'That's What I Like' for the whole world to hear, then left.

"Because people have always mistreated me a lot in the past and I really don't want you doing the same thing, Dr Kozak," Kieran answered, falling quiet.

"Kieran..." Dr Kozak trailed off sympathetically. "I'm not going to mistreat you, I promise... I know I've mistreated you a lot in the past, especially when I first met you at that hospital, but I was judgmental back then and I'm sorry..."